CRM

Osnovyanenko
Contributeur | Partenaire solutions Diamond

How to assign conversations based on time shifts?

Hello!

I am having a hard time setting up a mailbox assignment for users. I have 3 colleagues who should be assigned new conversations based on when they arrive.

Currently, in the mailbox automation options, I've set it to be assigned to a contact's owners. So that's a start. I need to figure out how to assign a contact owner based on their availability. In team management settings, I can manually set availability. However, being away did not assign another next available user.

Any ideas on this?

4 Réponses
TiphaineCuisset
Gestionnaire de communauté

Hi @Osnovyanenko 

Thank you for reaching out

With a paid Sales or Service Hub seat, you can set routing rules based on availability. For more specifics and information I want to share the following resource with you:

Set your conversations routing rules

Hope that helps.
Have a lovely day,
Tiphaine.

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

Osnovyanenko

Hi Tiphaine!

Thank you for sharing the article. When I read it, I didn't find a solution to my challenge. While I can choose a team, the system will assign conversations randomly. That's why I have posted my question here.

Since I can choose a contact owner, I thought about creating a workflow that would assign the right user.

TiphaineCuisset

Hi @Osnovyanenko 

Are you talking mainly about chat or emails? If you're talking about chats, your agents must be available. If this is for emails, then you are correct it will be chosen randomly from the users specified.  

I'm going to tag some of our thought leaders on this - @Mike_Eastwood @Bryantworks @MatthewShepherd do you have best practices/tips to share with @Osnovyanenko on how to deal with users being away and routing conversations? 

Thank you!

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

nicoleAH
Participant

Any updates on this? Our team members may be online, but they rotate covering chat. It would be helpful to either route chats based on what time it is, or auto turn the team member away/available based on a schedule. 

Example:

8am - 1pm route to team member 1

1pm - 5pm route to team member 2

An advanced version would be:

8am - 1pm route to team member 1, unless unavailable - then 2

1pm - 5pm route to team member 2, unless available - then 1