CRM

Osnovyanenko
Contributor | Diamond Partner
Contributor | Diamond Partner

How to assign a contact owner based on the time of the day?

SOLVE

Hi!

Basically, it's a continuation of this question. Since conversation settings assign users randomly, at least they can assign a contact owner. So I am trying to figure out how to assign an owner based on the time of the day.

I have 3 colleagues who take shifts. So whenever new contacts are created, the system must assign a contact to the colleague who is available. Any experience with this?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Osnovyanenko,

You could create three workflows and restrict those workflows to certain times of the day. I haven't tested this solution but this would be my approach:

In the 'Settings' tab of each workflow, under 'General', select the 'Specific times' which correspond to the shifts of your colleagues.

Next, for 'Unenrollment and suppression', for a contact-based workflow, remove contacts from this workflow if they no longer meet the enrollment conditions. For a ticket-based workflow, make sure to unenroll the ticket when 'Contact owner is known'. (As an alternative to unenrollment, you could also set a goal with the same criteria.)

For the enrollment criteria, I would trigger the workflow if 'Create date is known' and 'Contact owner is unknown'.

The last step would be the workflow action of assigning the contact owner for that particular shift. (First workflow assigns to owner A, second workflow to owner B, third to C.)

All workflows will now enroll all records. They don't actually check which time of the day it is. However, ownership assignment is limited to certain times of the day. They will take turns and thanks to our unenrollment criteria, the system notices if contact ownership has been assigned for a contact already (by another workflow in an earlier shift). If so, they'll be removed immediately. If not, they're assigned the owner of the current shift.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Osnovyanenko,

You could create three workflows and restrict those workflows to certain times of the day. I haven't tested this solution but this would be my approach:

In the 'Settings' tab of each workflow, under 'General', select the 'Specific times' which correspond to the shifts of your colleagues.

Next, for 'Unenrollment and suppression', for a contact-based workflow, remove contacts from this workflow if they no longer meet the enrollment conditions. For a ticket-based workflow, make sure to unenroll the ticket when 'Contact owner is known'. (As an alternative to unenrollment, you could also set a goal with the same criteria.)

For the enrollment criteria, I would trigger the workflow if 'Create date is known' and 'Contact owner is unknown'.

The last step would be the workflow action of assigning the contact owner for that particular shift. (First workflow assigns to owner A, second workflow to owner B, third to C.)

All workflows will now enroll all records. They don't actually check which time of the day it is. However, ownership assignment is limited to certain times of the day. They will take turns and thanks to our unenrollment criteria, the system notices if contact ownership has been assigned for a contact already (by another workflow in an earlier shift). If so, they'll be removed immediately. If not, they're assigned the owner of the current shift.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.