CRM

Thelowedown

How to add tags

I'm new to HubSpot and not convinced yet it's the right solution for my needs. 

I am looking for a way to add tags or labels to my contacts to create easy, searchable groups. 

I've seen some discussion on tags but I cannot figure out how to add a tag or label to a contact. I've also seen that HubTags is a product that maybe does this but I'm confused as to whether this is a separate product or if it works in conjunction with HubSpot.

Is there a way to do this, and if so, how exactly, do I do it. Please give step by step instructions without assuming I know where certain things are in HubSpot.

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
Jnix284
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

How to add tags

Hi @Thelowedown the easiest way to do this is to create a custom property for the contact and add it to your contact view and as a column for your filtered view.

Now you can easily update it, access it, and use it for filters, lists, reporting, etc.

The step-by-step instructions in each article will be easier to follow than trying to recreate the steps, but I'm happy to help if you have questions or get stuck.

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin