CRM

DSS-Gary
Participant

How to add some contacts but not add them to main mailing list?

SOLVE

My "Mailing List" active list is just "email is known and DoNotContact is not Yes", so I email my whole list sometimes. I'd like to add some contacts without adding them to my main list; people it wouldn't be appropriate to email about each new product release, for instance.

How do people do this usually? Is my "Mailing List" active list too simple? Do I need some more filtering criteria in it? Do I need a custom field?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @DSS-Gary,

You may be casting your net too wide with a list based on "Email is known", yes. (Depending on your GDPR settings, you might currently be sending emails to contacts who do not have a legal basis for the subscription type you choose for your emails, see here. This is something I'd recommend checking with your data protection officer / legal expert.)

For a quick fix, you can exclude contacts from your active list by adding an additional criterion:

Email is known

DoNotContact is none of Yes

Is not member of "Exclusion list"

The exclusion list could be set up as a static list. Any contact you do not want to end up on the email list you would manually add to the static "Exclusion list". As an alternative to including this list in your original list, you could also include it in the "Don't send to" field of the "Send or schedule" tab of marketing emails.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @DSS-Gary,

You may be casting your net too wide with a list based on "Email is known", yes. (Depending on your GDPR settings, you might currently be sending emails to contacts who do not have a legal basis for the subscription type you choose for your emails, see here. This is something I'd recommend checking with your data protection officer / legal expert.)

For a quick fix, you can exclude contacts from your active list by adding an additional criterion:

Email is known

DoNotContact is none of Yes

Is not member of "Exclusion list"

The exclusion list could be set up as a static list. Any contact you do not want to end up on the email list you would manually add to the static "Exclusion list". As an alternative to including this list in your original list, you could also include it in the "Don't send to" field of the "Send or schedule" tab of marketing emails.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.