CRM

oceansky
Participant | Partner
Participant | Partner

How to add multiple emails for one contact

SOLVE

Hi, how can we add multiple emails for one contact in Hubspot.

I have a insurance client who wants to keep track of all the family members but prefers to create one main contact in the database and add the email addresses of other family members to this contact.

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @oceansky,

You can add multiple email addresses to a contact by following these steps – however for what you're describing, it's generally not recommended to do that. It's best to create separate contact for each individual.

There are a couple of reasons why that is. First of all, HubSpot considers all emails stored under a contact as one contact and will only email this contact once in a marketing email send. If you ever want to email all family members, that wouldn't be possible. All of the email addresses would be on file but only one could be used at a time.

Secondly, in most countries consent into sales and marketing communication is centered around one specific email address. Within one contact record, you would not be able to store different communication preferences of family members.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

webdew
Solution
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @oceansky ,

Check this video here. This is how you can add multiple email addresses with a single contact.

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
webdew
Solution
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @oceansky ,

Check this video here. This is how you can add multiple email addresses with a single contact.

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards.

oceansky
Participant | Partner
Participant | Partner

SOLVE

Thank you! This seems to work for me.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @oceansky,

You can add multiple email addresses to a contact by following these steps – however for what you're describing, it's generally not recommended to do that. It's best to create separate contact for each individual.

There are a couple of reasons why that is. First of all, HubSpot considers all emails stored under a contact as one contact and will only email this contact once in a marketing email send. If you ever want to email all family members, that wouldn't be possible. All of the email addresses would be on file but only one could be used at a time.

Secondly, in most countries consent into sales and marketing communication is centered around one specific email address. Within one contact record, you would not be able to store different communication preferences of family members.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.