CRM

ishanrt

How to add an associated company and contact when I import deals from CSV

SOLVE

My sellers like to add in multiple deals as CSV the only problems are that Hubspot isn't able to associate companies and contacts from imported deals. In our spreadsheets, there's a column just for associated companies but still, Hubspot isn't able to detect them when I import the sheet in. I have to manually go back in and associate the companies to the deals. Is there any way for Hubspot to recognize the associated companies when I upload the deals in?

1 Accepted solution
RH-Tremendous
Solution

SOLVE

This seems insane that this doesn't exist as an option as a common ID or field across all 3 objects.

I'm a new user for anyone who is looking for this info after me (as I was). Migrating from another CRM (Copper) to Hubspot. I think I hacked this together using the following steps after a few tries and creating duplicate entries for everything by accident. 

1. Import Contacts and Companies and associate them together
2. Export Contacts and Companies that now have Contact ID and Company ID from Hubspot
3. Import Deals and Companies and associate them together. Check the Update Company based on Company ID so it doesn't create duplicates
4. Export Deals that now have an associated Deal ID from Hubspot
5. Import Deals and Contacts and make sure you update existing records using Deal ID and Contact ID so you prevent duplicates.

You may be able to skip some steps depending on what's in your Hubspot already.

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14
sberry11
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Agreed. How is this not available? You need a contact to be associated, at least! Why can't we just have an email in the sheet and it either associates that contact or creates one to associate with the deal?

0 Upvotes
RH-Tremendous
Solution

SOLVE

This seems insane that this doesn't exist as an option as a common ID or field across all 3 objects.

I'm a new user for anyone who is looking for this info after me (as I was). Migrating from another CRM (Copper) to Hubspot. I think I hacked this together using the following steps after a few tries and creating duplicate entries for everything by accident. 

1. Import Contacts and Companies and associate them together
2. Export Contacts and Companies that now have Contact ID and Company ID from Hubspot
3. Import Deals and Companies and associate them together. Check the Update Company based on Company ID so it doesn't create duplicates
4. Export Deals that now have an associated Deal ID from Hubspot
5. Import Deals and Contacts and make sure you update existing records using Deal ID and Contact ID so you prevent duplicates.

You may be able to skip some steps depending on what's in your Hubspot already.

sharonlicari
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Thank you for sharing this @RH-Tremendous 

You can also check this Import tutorial created by our Academy team  

Best

Sharon

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

Damien
Contributor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

So despite all the replies here saying read such and such tutorial, there still seems to be no way to import deals and associate them with companies. We have exported all the contacts we want to associate with deals, set up our deal import CSV, and trying to import now, but there is no field to associate a contact with a deal, either by email address or even Contact ID. See below image:

hubspot missing contacts in deal import.png

Is there a way to associated contacts with deals when importing deals?

Will importing multiple objects automatically associated the contacts with the deals on the same line in the sheet?

This seems like a huge missing feature as I don't see how you would not need to associate contacts with deals when importing them. 

0 Upvotes
Damien

SOLVE

Okay replying to my own comment above, it looks like it has in fact associated contacts with deals once I chose to import a single file with multiple objects (Deals and Contacts), as discussed in this article: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/import-and-associate-multiple-objects

All the deals have come in and the contacts that were (re)imported with the deals have been automatically associated with them. 

infiniteloop
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi Sharon, the link you provided to the tutorial doesn't work?

0 Upvotes
sharonlicari
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hey @infiniteloop 

Welcome to the Community! I'm not sure what happened but here is the link

Happy HubSpotting!

Sharon

JanaB
Top Contributor

SOLVE

You can import deals into HubSpot and link them to existing companies and contacts using Import2 Wizard -a third party solution. On the Import2 Wizard UI, you can link your new deals to company and contacts by any fields including a full name or email -it just needs to be unique so that Wizard could locate the right contact/company to link to. Here is a quick video overview to help demonstrate how it works: https://youtu.be/t43LluoZI0I

If you need to import this data regularly, you have the option to set up an automated import with Import2 Wizard as well, so you don’t have to upload & map fields each time. Here is an overview of how to set up an automated import:https://youtu.be/9VA-gqdf62Y

0 Upvotes
DanLeBlanc
Participant

SOLVE

Nice suggestion but it does not provide a solution to the initial problem, being able to assign/update the "Associated Company ID" on the deal. Import2 provides access to the same functionality that the standard HubSpot import does, it does not give access to update/change the Associated Company ID with the Deal.

Has anyone found a solution to this problem yet? I'd love to hear one if it exists.

0 Upvotes
mark_vande_haar
Contributor

SOLVE

I've been told there's a solution coming for this issue, that was back in August.  I hope someone says I'm wrong they have a solution for this. 

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @ishanrt and @mark_vande_haar,

You should be able to do this by following the steps outlined here.

Let us know if you encounter any issues following those steps!

Thanks,
Jenny

LaurieAdX
Participant

SOLVE

Hi!  I read your answer but find it void of detail.  I need to associate imported deals with existing company records in Hubspot.  The article included in your answer is generic "how to" information for importing company, contact, deal and ticket records.

I suspect that the answer to this very specific question - how to associate a company with a deal - lies in the section titled "Import to create or update records of multiple object types in one file".  But can you tell me EXACTLY how I need to set up my .csv file to import deals so that they are associated with companies?  The generic information in the help article does not explain that!

Also we have MORE THAN ONE DEAL for some companies.  And so the Sample files of multiple object types-Companies and deals sample spreadsheet" found in the help article "Set up your import files" (https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/set-up-your-import-file) also does not seem like it will work.

HELP!

Thank you.

JessicaH
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @LaurieAdX,

This article about how to set up your import file might be helpful for you.

Take care!

Jess 

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, in dem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst !

0 Upvotes
LaurieAdX
Participant

SOLVE

HELLOOOO?? IS THERE ANYBODY OUT THERE?

0 Upvotes