How to add an associated company and contact when I import deals from CSVSOLVE
Nov 8, 2018 10:41 PM
My sellers like to add in multiple deals as CSV the only problems are that Hubspot isn't able to associate companies and contacts from imported deals. In our spreadsheets, there's a column just for associated companies but still, Hubspot isn't able to detect them when I import the sheet in. I have to manually go back in and associate the companies to the deals. Is there any way for Hubspot to recognize the associated companies when I upload the deals in?
Solved! Go to Solution.
Nov 3, 2020 10:04 AM
This seems insane that this doesn't exist as an option as a common ID or field across all 3 objects.
I'm a new user for anyone who is looking for this info after me (as I was). Migrating from another CRM (Copper) to Hubspot. I think I hacked this together using the following steps after a few tries and creating duplicate entries for everything by accident.
1. Import Contacts and Companies and associate them together
2. Export Contacts and Companies that now have Contact ID and Company ID from Hubspot
3. Import Deals and Companies and associate them together. Check the Update Company based on Company ID so it doesn't create duplicates
4. Export Deals that now have an associated Deal ID from Hubspot
5. Import Deals and Contacts and make sure you update existing records using Deal ID and Contact ID so you prevent duplicates.
You may be able to skip some steps depending on what's in your Hubspot already.