CRM

LuckyJacquie

How to add a physical address to contact's profile?

SOLVE

Hello! I'm entering contact's information into their profile, however, do not see a place to add their physical address.

How do I create a field so I may add additional information, i.e. home and/or work physical address (city, state, zip) to their profile? Perhaps I'm looking in the wrong place - where can I find this field?

Many thanks!

Jacquie

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
trevordjones
Solution
Recognized Expert | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi - @LuckyJacquie,

If you click the view all properties button at the bottom of the "About" section of the contact, then type "street" in the search box at the right of the next screen, you should find an existing field called "Street address" which you can then fill out.  You can also click the "Add to About" button so that it shows up in the About section of the contact if you like.

You will also find existing fields for City, State/Region and Postal Code in the same manner.

Trevor

- Trevor
If my post solves your problem, please accept it as a solution.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
trevordjones
Solution

SOLVE

Hi - @LuckyJacquie,

If you click the view all properties button at the bottom of the "About" section of the contact, then type "street" in the search box at the right of the next screen, you should find an existing field called "Street address" which you can then fill out.  You can also click the "Add to About" button so that it shows up in the About section of the contact if you like.

You will also find existing fields for City, State/Region and Postal Code in the same manner.

Trevor

- Trevor

Spaeth

SOLVE

I have done this, however it won't allow "city" to show up after street address and before zip code?  Very Odd...

0 Upvotes
trevordjones

SOLVE

Actually, you can reorder the properties on the contact record however you would like.  Use the following process:

1. Click the Sprocket in the top right to get to your settings screen.
  2. Click Properties.
  3. Click the Records Customization Tab
  4. In the box labeled "Contact Sidebar" click "Actions," then "Edit"
  5. Click the ">" to expand the Gray box labeled about this contact.
  6. Your screeh shoult look like the below.  You should be able to click and drag (on the left hand side of each field) the various fields to reorder them.

screen_capture 2020-02-18_12-22-55_pm.png

- Trevor

0 Upvotes
Spaeth

SOLVE

Trevor, your'e not going to believe me but I've done this and it won't allow city to come after state and right before postal code.  What's even more disgrutling is that when I imported my contacts, I did so with all the home address fields already set to include - home address 1 - home address 2- home state - home city - home zip; but home city did not map over!!!  The others did, I know I can go to propertys and select city so it will show up and then select about this view and try to drag to re-order - it just will not let me put it in the appropriate order(CITY shows up after email or something else)  I do not know what to do. SMH.

0 Upvotes
ACarne

SOLVE

What if a customer has both a physical address and a "Ship to"? Or, as the original question asked, a "home" and "office" address?

trevordjones

SOLVE

If you need additional address fields, your administrator can certainly create new ones with whatever label is necessary.  Just click "All properties" from the contact screen and then "add new property."   Obviously, you'll want to standardize these properties within your organization so you don't have data scattered in different places in you database.

- Trevor

0 Upvotes
GlynC
Participant

SOLVE

It seems very odd that you would have to use custom fields to create a postal address. It seems obvious that the default Contact parameters should accommodate not just Street Address, but also Postal Address. After all wouldn't you want to send deliveries to the right postal address as not everyone uses their Street Address to receive mail and parcels. Why would HubSpot not do that?