CRM

JVentresca

How to add Contact Field (i.e., address, city, state) to Deal Properties

SOLVE

Hello. I'm relatively novice at Hubspot and need to add contact's address details to deals. When I'm in EDIT DEAL FORM I can see the ADD FIELDS options in the left (Analytics History, Deal Activity, Deal Info, and Deal Rev) from which several options are selected for the deal flow. I was able to add a field LOCATION OF PROPERTY easily enough. 

Current EDIT DEAL screenCurrent EDIT DEAL screen

I can't seem to find a way to add address fields (i.e., Street Address, city, state) to/from any of those lists.

Current Deal Screen that our Sales Team SeesCurrent Deal Screen that our Sales Team Sees

(Our sales team needs to see the addresses in the deal flow screens as part of our operations).

Any help/guidance is appreciated.

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JVentresca,

In the deal create form, it's not possible to show contact properties. Deals and contacts are different objects in HubSpot. When creating one, you cannot reference another.

If you need additional fields for the deal create form, you can create custom fields by following these steps: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/manage-your-properties

Keep in mind that these will not reflect on the contact record, it will not automatically stay in sync either. If you're saving it to the deal, it stays there. The contact fields won't be updated.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JVentresca,

In the deal create form, it's not possible to show contact properties. Deals and contacts are different objects in HubSpot. When creating one, you cannot reference another.

If you need additional fields for the deal create form, you can create custom fields by following these steps: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/manage-your-properties

Keep in mind that these will not reflect on the contact record, it will not automatically stay in sync either. If you're saving it to the deal, it stays there. The contact fields won't be updated.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.