CRM

JOpie
Top Contributor

How to access 'Associated with' field in a workflow for deals?

SOLVE

Hi -

Relatively new to HubSpot, but already have some workflows running.

In our data, we have regions assigned that are used in reporting. The powers that be have decided that we need to add the countries involved with the deal. I originally ran a workflow that would identify the international dialing code for any phone number associated with the deal, which worked on test data, but to my chagrin I discovered that there were no phone numbers associated with the deals in the database.

I can see in the view of the deal that there is a field 'Associated with' that could take me to the company associated with the deal, where I could then grab the country value. I found the 'Associated deals' variable, but this is only the count of the associated deals.

Any idea how to grab the company shown in the deals view under 'Associated with'? 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JOpie,

If I understand your request correctly, you'd like to make information of a company record available on the associated deal record?

Since you have workflows at your disposal, this can be done fairly easily. If you want to copy, for example, the country information from a company record to its associated deals, it could be done as shown below:

karstenkoehler_0-1624553391579.png

The re-enrollment is crucial here. "known" is equal to "has changed" and you want this copy action to refresh every single time the Country/Region changes (which, I notice as I write this, is unlikely for a company) or when a new deal is added (= the number of associated deals is changing).

The same logic can be applied to any other property as well.

Hope this helps! Let me know if this solves your query.

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JOpie,

If I understand your request correctly, you'd like to make information of a company record available on the associated deal record?

Since you have workflows at your disposal, this can be done fairly easily. If you want to copy, for example, the country information from a company record to its associated deals, it could be done as shown below:

karstenkoehler_0-1624553391579.png

The re-enrollment is crucial here. "known" is equal to "has changed" and you want this copy action to refresh every single time the Country/Region changes (which, I notice as I write this, is unlikely for a company) or when a new deal is added (= the number of associated deals is changing).

The same logic can be applied to any other property as well.

Hope this helps! Let me know if this solves your query.

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

JOpie
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Thank you! Took me a moment to wrap my head around the logic: you can set the property towards another property, but not from another property... makes sense now!