CRM

brandon
Mitglied

How to Create Folders/ Organize Contacts

lösung

Hi Everyone, 

I am trying to learn how to organize contacts in Hubspot CRMdf and I saw an article on how to create folders under contacts

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/KCS_Article/Contacts/How-do-I-create-a-folder-for-my-lists

When I looked for the option under contacts it is not there. Which makes me think this is for Hubspot marketing, not CRM. 

What I would like is the option under "Industry" is to be able to create a new industry for example; I don't see Dentist, or Massage Therapy or Chiropractor, or Franchise...etc. 

Is there a way to create "Tags" on contacts to be able to sort by? 

0 Upvotes
2 Akzeptierte Lösungen
kcooper
Lösung
Stratege/Strategin

lösung

You are exactly right - that knowledgebase article is for the Marketing side of HubSpot, not the CRM. 

You CAN configure your Industry drop list! Navigate to your Settings for Company Properties.

Screen Shot 2016-11-08 at 1.52.37 PM.png

If you are the account admin (which I am guessing you are...) you are able to edit the Industry dropdown options by clicking Edit under the gear icon (see the green circle on the above screenshot).  From there you will be able to add additional options (and drag them to where you want them to appear in the list order!). 

Screen Shot 2016-11-08 at 1.57.28 PM.png

Happy Configuring!

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

kcooper
Lösung
Stratege/Strategin

lösung

Glad you got that sorted out! 

So there isn't tagging in the traditional sense (if you can even call tagging "traditional). Using your filters in the Company list view (where you are automatically taken when you click "Company" from your top menu bar) you can filter off of the Industry field to create specific views/lists that contain a segmented portion of your Company recordset. 

You can actually do this with any field - and you can create additional fields. I mention that to say that if you wanted to create a "Tag" field you could do that (where you edited the Industry property, at the top of that screen there is a big blue button that says "Create new property"). If you wanted an infinite number of tag possibilities, use a Single-line text field. If there is a finite list of words or phrases you want to tag a record with, I would suggest creating a Multiple Checkboxes field with the words/phrases you want to be able to select and filter records by. 

Make sense?

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

6 Antworten
kcooper
Lösung
Stratege/Strategin

lösung

You are exactly right - that knowledgebase article is for the Marketing side of HubSpot, not the CRM. 

You CAN configure your Industry drop list! Navigate to your Settings for Company Properties.

Screen Shot 2016-11-08 at 1.52.37 PM.png

If you are the account admin (which I am guessing you are...) you are able to edit the Industry dropdown options by clicking Edit under the gear icon (see the green circle on the above screenshot).  From there you will be able to add additional options (and drag them to where you want them to appear in the list order!). 

Screen Shot 2016-11-08 at 1.57.28 PM.png

Happy Configuring!

brandon
Mitglied

lösung

Hi Kcooper, 

I am the administrator of the account but only have access to the CRM of Hubspot so I don't see the same options that you are showing. I went under Settings at the top and Companies and these are my options. 

HBSpot-Companies.png

0 Upvotes
kcooper
Stratege/Strategin

lösung

You are headed in the right direction! I skipped a step in my instructions - once you are where you are (good job!), click the blue Edit Properties button to get to the screen you see in my post (that will allow you to drill down to the Industry field).

0 Upvotes
brandon
Mitglied

lösung

Thanks Kcooper, 

That worked perfectly.  Do you know if there is "tags"?

0 Upvotes
roisinkirby
HubSpot-Produktteam
HubSpot-Produktteam

lösung

Hey @brandon welcome to the Community and thank you for your question! Were you able to come to a solution with @kcooper? If so, I'd encourage you to mark these responses as Accepted Solutions to ensure the Community can use this thread as an answer to their own questions in future.

Thank you both for your contributions!

0 Upvotes
kcooper
Lösung
Stratege/Strategin

lösung

Glad you got that sorted out! 

So there isn't tagging in the traditional sense (if you can even call tagging "traditional). Using your filters in the Company list view (where you are automatically taken when you click "Company" from your top menu bar) you can filter off of the Industry field to create specific views/lists that contain a segmented portion of your Company recordset. 

You can actually do this with any field - and you can create additional fields. I mention that to say that if you wanted to create a "Tag" field you could do that (where you edited the Industry property, at the top of that screen there is a big blue button that says "Create new property"). If you wanted an infinite number of tag possibilities, use a Single-line text field. If there is a finite list of words or phrases you want to tag a record with, I would suggest creating a Multiple Checkboxes field with the words/phrases you want to be able to select and filter records by. 

Make sense?