CRM

MorganBush
Participant

How to Associate Engagements To Both Contacts and Companies via Import

Hello,

I am currently migrating our data from another CRM to Hubspot. I appear to be unable to associate activities with both contacts and companies.

According to this article, it should happen automatically. However, a member of HubSpot's support team has advised me that it only applies to activities created within the platform and not imported data. 

They advised me that this was only possible to resolve via API, but from my research, it appears that this only creates associations in batches of 100. We have nearly 1,000,000 activities to associate, so this isn't practical.

From experimentation, I did find that the activities did associate to the company when the company was created after the contact and activity. However, this only worked for emails, calls, and meetings, and not notes and tasks.

I would have thought this is a very common requirement, but I could find any other community posts about ti from my research.

Does anyone have any advice on how to create a workaround or resolve this issue?

Thanks in advance!

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
MorganBush
Participant

Hello @elizheleva 

Thanks. Sorry, I should have clarified, the data is now in Hubspot. I'd prefer an in-platform solution if possible, as re-migrating all the data would be a lot of work!

Thanks,

Morgan

0 Upvotes
elizheleva
Top Contributor | Platinum Partner
Top Contributor | Platinum Partner

Hi @MorganBush ,

It sounds like you might benefit from a migrator platform like Trujay. They have lots of migrating options from different systems into Hubspot, and even from one Hubspot account to another.

I hope that helps,

Eli

Eli Zheleva
Chief Problem solver @ crmsquad | Hubspot Trainer | Hubspot Partner | Community Champion
Still need help? Book a free call with me

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.