CRM

twindaddy
Membro

How to ADD RECORDS on import without deduping by email

resolver

How can I import a list of conference registrants into HS, without it trying to dedupe or merge any records based on the email address?

Simply, I just want to ADD RECORDS to HS without it even looking at the other contacts I already have in the db. I will manually do that later, but right now, I just want to get them into the db. How?

(I don't know if the email and other content in HS or in my list is more correct so I don't want anything to be overwritten; I just want all new records with their contact info added, i.e., email address, which is what HS uses to dedupe. I was told to delete the email column from the import file, but that makes no sense to have contacts in the db without any way to communicate with them. I don't have the ph number.)

I refuse to believe that a system this advanced does not have the power to do this simple thing for someone who has been in technology for 25 years. I almost feel like HS doesn't trust me and is trying to save me from myself. But I've done databases for years and have even done this simple thing in FREE CRMs.

Thanks!

0 Avaliação positiva
1 Solução aceita
webdew
Solução
Orientador(a) | Parceiro Diamante

resolver

Hi @twindaddy ,

An email address in HubSpot is a unique identifier for contacts. You cannot create two contacts with the same email id. So when you will be importing the contacts with the emails adresses, if the email address matches to an existing email address in your HubSpot, then it will overwrite the values of other properties or we can say, update the record. Or, if the email address not already exist, it will create a new record.

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regard.

Exibir solução no post original

1 Resposta 1
webdew
Solução

resolver

Hi @twindaddy ,

An email address in HubSpot is a unique identifier for contacts. You cannot create two contacts with the same email id. So when you will be importing the contacts with the emails adresses, if the email address matches to an existing email address in your HubSpot, then it will overwrite the values of other properties or we can say, update the record. Or, if the email address not already exist, it will create a new record.

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regard.