CRM

Stu
Participant

How does Search work?

Résolue

We've created a load of contact establishments that appear under 'Companies'
Included are names, full address, postcode, phone number etc
In the 'Search for a company' box I can search for the name, but that's all. Entering anything else (Postcode is our normal search as we have a number of establishments with similar names) returns "No companies match the current filters."

I can't see any option next to postcode or address like 'allow item to be searchable' but I presume I must be missing something as it's a pretty fundamental feature for a CRM

1 Solution acceptée
shearn
Solution
Conseiller clé

How does Search work?

Résolue

Unfortunately, you're not missing something.  The search functionality in the CRM is very basic and won't allow you to search by any other unique identifiers. Companies are by name and Contacts are by name or email only. Very restrictive. 

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution.

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

5 Réponses
gelflex-cc
Conseiller clé

How does Search work?

Résolue

@Stu @nicolebrenner 

Hi Stu,

I search for other fields all the time. Use a filter for say postal code and then use contains exactly and input your information.

This doe snot work great with street addresses dso I use the city and state filter and search there. 

Untitled.png

pauljg
Membre

How does Search work?

Résolue

Hi,

Is this still the case or can we now search via specific postcode?

0 Votes
shearn
Solution
Conseiller clé

How does Search work?

Résolue

Unfortunately, you're not missing something.  The search functionality in the CRM is very basic and won't allow you to search by any other unique identifiers. Companies are by name and Contacts are by name or email only. Very restrictive. 

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution.
Stu
Participant

How does Search work?

Résolue

WOW, ok then, thanks for the reply.
Anyone know if it's in the pipeline to let you search by other fields?

0 Votes
nicolebrenner
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

How does Search work?

Résolue

@Stu we don't have anything in the pipeline at this time to improve search, but I would recommend checking out this suggestion on our ideas forum and up-voting if you agree. I would also recommend commenting if you have a specific use case so our developers can understand the context of your suggestion!

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Search-contacts-companies-and-deals-by-custom-propert...

0 Votes