CRM

love-rugs

How do you search deals by customer/contact name?

SOLVE

How do you search deals by details other than deal name? If I want to search by customer name as this would be the most logical means of searching for most companies that have various orders... customers call up to enquire about their order, they give their name, they often don't know an order number, or even exact name of a product.

Surely there is a way of doing this?

1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Update: HubSpot search now brings up matching deals, and other objects, as well as contacts and companies.

Hi @love-rugs

You can't search deals by anything other than name currently. 

What you can do is apply a filter that looks for the 'associated company is equal to...'

Also, if you navigate to the company record, you can easily see all the associated deals that way. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8
Brennon
Contributor

SOLVE

The only way I know to get around this is to put the company name in the deal name which is inconvenient. Why is the search still only limited to the name and description? I supposed I could create a workflow and autopopulates the description with the company name and any other specific tokens i want to be able to search on?

WillieB
Participant

SOLVE

This seems such an obvious and necessary feature. Is it ever likely to be available? Not just customer and contact but also by any other field/cell content.

Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Update: HubSpot search now brings up matching deals, and other objects, as well as contacts and companies.

Hi @love-rugs

You can't search deals by anything other than name currently. 

What you can do is apply a filter that looks for the 'associated company is equal to...'

Also, if you navigate to the company record, you can easily see all the associated deals that way. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
SSchmidt7
Participant

SOLVE

Not really satisfying.

Why is search for and sort of associated company name not possible? You are really serious?

This should be possible of course, this is needed when working in a deal list e.g. and searching for company entries.

Deal <-> company is the most vital relationship guys!

shtlrs
Participant

SOLVE

@Phil_Vallender Can you please provide an example on how to do that ?

0 Upvotes
blackhawk
Participant

SOLVE

I am dumbfounded this is not a feature...

blackhawk
Participant

SOLVE
I did what Phil mentions above, but since this is the search I use more than any other search and HubSpots filters require a few steps to setup each time save the filter and make it one of your favorites. Then it only takes 2 extra click. Still annoying, but less annoying.
0 Upvotes
SSchmidt7
Participant

SOLVE

Not really satisfying.

Why is search for and sort of company name not possible? You are really serious?

This should be possible of course, this is needed when working in a deal list e.g. and searching for company entries.

Deal <-> company is the most vital relationship guys!

0 Upvotes