CRM

mseibert
Contributor

How do you improve the quality of your customer data in your HubSpot CRM?

SOLVE

We have had quite a few bad experience in the past with our automatically populated 80k contacts in our former CRM Highrise. A lot of duplicates. Poor data quality. Very little tools to do anything about it.

My question for you is:

What do you see HubSpot users actually do to improve the quality of their customer data?

The deduplication with the built-in process is obvious. But what else do you recommend? What is best practice?

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @mseibert,

Could you share some more details on which data quality issues you're facing exactly? Aside from duplicates, what are the biggest challenges? Missing values, incorrectly formatted values, outdated values?

I'll reshare some general tips I gave on data quality in another thread. However, the exact methods depend a lot on the issues you want to fix.

I usually work with a mix of lists or filtered views and reports/dashboards.

Dashboards are a great way to see how you're doing in terms of data quality at a glance. You could create custom reports for

Freemail addresses added to your portal over time

Hard bounces on contacts added by sales reps

Hard bounces by import names

Policy hard bounces by company

Number of contacts without owners

Contacts by legal basis for processing data

Unsubscribes by marketing owner

Contacts missing values in required fields

Once you spot any problems on your dashboard, you can create filtered views for the responsible individuals to clean up the mess.

I've also recently shared some best practices in a German "Ask me anything" in the HubSpot DACH Community: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Ask-Me-Anything-und/AMA-Datenqualit%C3%A4t-im-HubSpot-CRM/m-p/40054...

By the way, @franksteiner79 and I are currently working on a virtual event for this topic (held in German). If you're interested, we can share a link once it's live?

Lastly, there are also (pricy) third-party solutions for enriching outdated and incomplete customer data, for example ZoomInfo: https://www.zoominfo.com/solutions/enrich

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @mseibert,

Could you share some more details on which data quality issues you're facing exactly? Aside from duplicates, what are the biggest challenges? Missing values, incorrectly formatted values, outdated values?

I'll reshare some general tips I gave on data quality in another thread. However, the exact methods depend a lot on the issues you want to fix.

I usually work with a mix of lists or filtered views and reports/dashboards.

Dashboards are a great way to see how you're doing in terms of data quality at a glance. You could create custom reports for

Freemail addresses added to your portal over time

Hard bounces on contacts added by sales reps

Hard bounces by import names

Policy hard bounces by company

Number of contacts without owners

Contacts by legal basis for processing data

Unsubscribes by marketing owner

Contacts missing values in required fields

Once you spot any problems on your dashboard, you can create filtered views for the responsible individuals to clean up the mess.

I've also recently shared some best practices in a German "Ask me anything" in the HubSpot DACH Community: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Ask-Me-Anything-und/AMA-Datenqualit%C3%A4t-im-HubSpot-CRM/m-p/40054...

By the way, @franksteiner79 and I are currently working on a virtual event for this topic (held in German). If you're interested, we can share a link once it's live?

Lastly, there are also (pricy) third-party solutions for enriching outdated and incomplete customer data, for example ZoomInfo: https://www.zoominfo.com/solutions/enrich

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
mseibert
Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks again for your helpful answer. This is really a good German resource, that I'll spend more time on later.

Sure, that's very interesting.

Does Zoominfo work with German customer data?

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @mseibert,

Usually companies like ZoomInfo don't share their exact data sources, only that they're pulling the data from a variety of data points, see here: https://www.zoominfo.com/b2b/faqs/data

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler