HubSpot Ideas

esundance

How do you duplicate a Deal?

I have month-to-month contracts and would like to be able to duplicate a Deal so I don't have to enter the same info each month.

90 Replies
SK86

+1 for Clone Attack! Highly recommend!

joerr
HubSpot Employee

Hi @Daxchemist , 

is the facility to clone a deal (into a separate pipeline/stage) with a workflow available?

Thanks 😀

Daxchemist
Participant | Elite Partner

Hey @joerr we're looking to add that this month!

MrB
Participant

has this been done yet, I need to clone deals into a new pipeline without losing the original.

thanks

daghasl

What is the status on this matter? Clone / copy deals has been a missing feature for quite a while now.

Thanks!

Dagfinn

TBarber

Did you do it...?  I want to duplicate a deal.

JCeballos

Also you can duplicate automatically if you configure the deal duplicator for hubspot: https://instrumental.net/en/deal-duplicator-for-hubspot

jc
Contributor | Elite Partner

Awesome. Worked like a charm. The automation element to it blew our minds and saved tons of time. 

JasonTisdall
Participant
Glad it worked for you.

Best regards
Jason Tisdall
...on my mobile
jc

Hey @JasonTisdall I'm not that technical, so I used an app called "Deal Duplicator" for HubSpot… it was really easy and it was free and it carried all elements of the deals (you only have to pay if automation is needed). 

jc

There's an app for that now: Deal Duplicator. It is free unless you need automation. 

jc

Check out Deal Duplicator. It is not native but it is free, it works and you can set automations. 

JasonTisdall
Participant
Thanks for the pointer. I'll give it a try.
RBuckley1

It's unbelievable that this isn't a core feature. Salesforce, Pipedrive, etc all have this. Why wouldn't HubSpot CRM??

AMah
Participant

It is only free for single-user accounts? Will have to pay 29USD if I am using business account? Ridiculous. 

JCeballos

Hello AMah, we understand your thoughts. I wanted to share with you that this app was made from scratch and is stored in our server that generates a monthly cost. We provide the manual duplication for free, the purchase is only when you require automated duplication.

ardenl

Apparently, they do but they make you pay to add this on! Unbelievable

ALucas0

I am not sure why this is marked as resolved, all the Proposed solutions required workarounds using workflows, and or using third party solutions to enable this functionality, where it is a basic tools to be able to duplicate deals. This can be for re-curring orders, orders of similar types etc and this should extend to line items as well.

I need my sales team to be able to copy deals quickly, and without going into areas of Hubspot that are not relevant to them. It is not the role of my sales team to do this, nor should I have time in our sales operations . enablement to have to do this amount of work everytime to copy a deal.

kvlschaefer
Community Manager

Hi @ALucas0,

Thank you for the feedback and for explaining your use case. 

I would encourage you to upvote this related idea in the Ideas Forum and comment why this feature would be useful for your team. 

Our product team, who monitors the forum regularly, can read your specific use case and understand why this would be a useful functionality or change. It also helps other customers facing the same issue to advocate for its implementation on your behalf by upvoting on the thread as well.

Thank you,

Kristen

JuanReyes
Participant

We are waiting for this functionality too. It is frustrating to rely on third party solutions for something that basic.