CRM

esundance
Participant

How do you duplicate a Deal?

SOLVE

I have month-to-month contracts and would like to be able to duplicate a Deal so I don't have to enter the same info each month.

2 Accepted solutions
Trumeter
Solution
Contributor | Elite Partner
Contributor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hey there esundance, yes you can do this by setting up a workflow. If you do with a workflow, you just have to monitor a field on the Deal (so perhaps you have another workflow that sets a value in a certain field when the contract is up), and then the workflow action step can be to create a Deal.

View solution in original post

Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

SOLVE

Hey @esundance unless you are also using Marketing Pro or Enterprise, @Trumeter's solution won't be available to you. 

At this time, Sales Pro does not allow you to duplicate deal records. 

Could you tell us what your use case is here? There might be a different approach to acheiving your goal. 

View solution in original post

RBuckley1

SOLVE

It's unbelievable that this isn't a core feature. Salesforce, Pipedrive, etc all have this. Why wouldn't HubSpot CRM??

JCeballos

SOLVE

Also you can duplicate automatically if you configure the deal duplicator for hubspot: https://instrumental.net/en/deal-duplicator-for-hubspot

jc
Contributor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Awesome. Worked like a charm. The automation element to it blew our minds and saved tons of time. 

JasonTisdall
Contributor

SOLVE
Glad it worked for you.

Best regards
Jason Tisdall
...on my mobile
0 Upvotes
Daxchemist
Participant | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hey @joerr we're looking to add that this month!

TBarber
Participant

SOLVE

Did you do it...?  I want to duplicate a deal.

daghasl
Participant

SOLVE

What is the status on this matter? Clone / copy deals has been a missing feature for quite a while now.

Thanks!

Dagfinn

MrB
Participant

SOLVE

has this been done yet, I need to clone deals into a new pipeline without losing the original.

thanks

Daxchemist

SOLVE

Here is an answer!

We've built an app that duplicates a deal and brings any associations and all of the fields in just a couple of clicks.
Copying tickets and contacts coming shortly as well in v2.

Check out Clone Attack in the app store  - https://app.hubspot.com/ecosystem/7313047/marketplace/apps/sales/crm/appchemist-clone-attack-229629

joerr
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @Daxchemist , 

is the facility to clone a deal (into a separate pipeline/stage) with a workflow available?

Thanks 😀

Joe
SK86
Participant

SOLVE

+1 for Clone Attack! Highly recommend!

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Thank you for sharing this with our Community @Daxchemist 

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

JasonTisdall
Contributor

SOLVE

I think I have a fairly good workaround.

Essentially I have created a workflow that generates a deal from a contact and copies across all the key fields (I obviously had to have duplicate field tpes in the contact and the deal).

When I need to duplicate the deal I just run the contact to deal workflow again.

jc

SOLVE

Hey @JasonTisdall I'm not that technical, so I used an app called "Deal Duplicator" for HubSpot… it was really easy and it was free and it carried all elements of the deals (you only have to pay if automation is needed). 

0 Upvotes
staceyp
Participant

SOLVE

This can duplicate the deal but it doesnt carry over all of the fields.  The most important to us would be the list of products and the associated pricing from one deal to the next.  We have a number of deals that are annual and it would be helpful to simply duplicate and make updates where needed.  Espcially when we often do 2-3 year contracts but still need to report the revenue annually.

BLA
Contributor

SOLVE

what happens there are multiple contacts stemming from the original deal?

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Thanks for sharing @JasonTisdall!

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

SOLVE

Solved (with slight modification): https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Lists-Lead-Scoring-Workflows/How-to-copy-HubSpot-Deal-Properties-to...

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

Frank on LinkedIn

HubSpot's Hiring World-Wide!

0 Upvotes
lknight2591
Participant

SOLVE

Not sure why this idea is marked as resolved, as workflows address recurring deals, but doesn't address the underlying ask here. You should be able to duplicate and/or clone a deal in your database. We often have customers who have large tranches of deals, (20+) that are almost identical in characteristics. We track them separately, as they would close separately. IT would save us a tremendous amount of time if you had the ability to duplicate/clone and then update accordingly. 

jc

SOLVE

There's an app for that now: Deal Duplicator. It is free unless you need automation. 

0 Upvotes