How do we include the end-customer in a deal

Occasional Contributor

Hi. I'm trying to understand the notion of end customer in a Hubspot deal.

For example, many of deals are done through distributors or system integrators and I always need to know the customer's name. 
However, when I create a deal in Hubspot, I can only attach one company to that deal (the buyer), though I am able to attache multiple contacts (from different companies). 

I would like to able to include the end-customer as well, so if I go to his account I can see the deal being present (if possible without the amount). I don't have access to the product feature as I have the free version so this would give me a good alternative which is common in many CRM.

Can you tell me where this feature is please? or what is the best way to manage this please?  Thanks. 

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
Esteemed Advisor | Gold Partner | HubSpot Certified Trainer

Hi @floc,

My suggestion would be to add a custom deal property for Distributor (probably a dropdown) to associate with your distributor and add the end user company as the associated company. Additionally, add contacts associated with the deal for both the end user and the distributor. When you do this, even though there is technically only one company association, that deal will still show up on the company record for both because of the contact association.

This can all be accomplished on free.

If you have any issues, please let me know and I can walk you through it via Zoom.

Josh 

Edit: Correction - the deal will not show on both company records, only the associated company.

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

We help tier 1 & 2 manufacturers generate leads!
HubSpot Gold Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

Occasional Contributor

Dear Josh,

Thanks for your feedback. It's pretty much what I need.

However, I'm stuck at setting the option of the dropdown custom deal property 2019-10-08 14-45-32.png

If i go to load options, I can't find "Company name". Only other parameters like address, etc.  Did I miss something? 
I'm up to a zoom if that's alright with you... Thx

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Esteemed Advisor | Gold Partner | HubSpot Certified Trainer

Hi @floc,

You're on the right track. You'll manually enter your distributors into the dropdown options. Then they will be available for use on the deal records.

I will PM you Zoom details.

Josh 

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

We help tier 1 & 2 manufacturers generate leads!
HubSpot Gold Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

Hi Josh,

Thx for time. following our conversaiton, I'd like to share some additional arguments into why this kind of feature would be useful:

A distributor usually has a territory, but they can sell somewhere else.

They can sell to a System Integrator who can sell anywhere.

We even have distributors appointing resellers or us (manufacturer) appointing multiple resellers in a country.

We (manufacturer) can sell to these levels or to the customer directly. 

It's very important for us to attach a customer to a deal so we can keep track of what has been sold to them. It's very helpful for support as well as we know what equipment they purchased through any reseller. 

If we decide to stop working with a specific distirbutor, at least I can still see via the customer page, what thing we sold to them.

In terms of value for reporting, the value deal needs to be attached to the purchase company which makes sense. Therefore, the deal has to be created by the company who bought the equipment and not the end-customer. 

In regards to parents company suggestion from Lucy (thank you), we have some groups having up to 15 child companies and we can sell to all 16 companies directly or via distributor or via system integrator. So it could get messy, but that's a good idea for companies who don't have any child/parent company. 

Obiously I think I will soon reach the "free version" limitation and having the products with S/N integrated to a customer would be a big plus. 

I'll keep digging around when I have time. Otherwise, I appreciate your help once again.

Have a good day

Flo

0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor | Gold Partner

Hi there @floc 

What we do with other clients that work with partners or distributors

is this:

we use HubSpot default property "Parent Company" to indicate the main company that send you the lead, and we use child company to indicate the actual company name that we are working.

This way you get the relation between both of them and you can create special reports to know how many new customers per distributor (parent company) you gain at the end of the month/quarter/year.

Here's how you get to see it in "Company's"

Screen Shot 2019-10-08 at 9.25.47 AM.pnghow to set a parent company in hubSpotScreen Shot 2019-10-08 at 9.28.13 AM.pngparent-child company

Once you set this up in "COMPANY', you can include this data in the Deal (even with a workflow to make it standard)

Hope this is useful, let me know!

Lucille.

--------ES

Re: ¿Cómo incluimos al cliente final en un NEGOCIO?

Hola, @floc

Lo que hacemos con algunos de nuestros clientes que trabajan con socios o distribuidores es lo siguiente: 

usamos la propiedad predeterminada de HubSpot "Empresa Principal" para indicar la compañía principal que le envió el cliente potencial, y usamos "Empresa secundaria" para indicar el nombre real de la compañía en la que estamos trabajando, o en este caso, el cliente final.

De esta forma, obtienes la relación entre ambos y puede crear informes especiales para saber cuántos clientes nuevos por distribuidor (empresa principal) obtienes al final del mes / trimestre / año.

Así es como puedes verlo en "Empresa"

Screen Shot 2019-10-08 at 9.25.47 AM.pngrelacion empresas vinculadas

Espero que esto sea útil, ¡házmelo saber!

Lucila

Occasional Contributor

Hi Lucila,

Thank you for your help. As mentioned above to Josh, I don't think parent company is a suitable solution as I'm using this already to connect actual parents/child companies.

However, I'm struggling to get what I need working so I'd like to give it a try.

Problem is I can't see any parent or child company in a deal once setup in the company... Should it be a property? I find properties slightly useless overall as there is no possibility to call any existing data. 
"Once you set this up in "COMPANY', you can include this data in the Deal (even with a workflow to make it standard)"

Can you clarify how are you achieving this please? 
What's workflow to make it standard? 

Thx for your help

0 Upvotes