CRM

JPoppick

How do I update/change a company in a contact?

SOLVE

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JPoppick,

When you navigate to a contact record, you should see a company association on the upper right of the screen:

karstenkoehler_0-1623210676586.png

This is where you can either click Preview and rename the company record or click X, remove the association and associate a new company.

If you're not working with the company object in HubSpot and simply want to the change the Company name field on the contact record, click View all properties in the left sidebar, search Company name and you can change it.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
AkshayKini

SOLVE

Can we import excel document with contact ID and mass updated associated companies? Editing through each contact is really slow. What field should we select while importing in that case? I already tried adding/updating website the associated company is not replaced.

0 Upvotes
natsumimori
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @AkshayKini ,

This knowledge base article goes through how to import and associate records: Import and associate multiple objects

LDowdy
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi,  @natsumimori   The poster specifically asked if there is a way to "IMPORT" an excel document THAT contains a CONTACT ID and in order to mass update (import) an associated ID (and I think he means the Company he wants linked to the Contact).  You provided a knowledge link and said it goes through how to import and associate records.  Does this article answer the question?  Maybe I'm missing something but I don't see how to do this.  Can you provide instructions?

0 Upvotes
natsumimori
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @LDowdy ,

Yes, you can import a file with contact IDs and associate with company records. You can either prepare one file which includes both contact and company information, or two separate files (1 for contacts and 1 for companies.). You can find more details in the knowlede base article you linked: Import records and activities

What I did was:

1. Export contact records and company records (So that you can retrieve IDs in exported files)
  2. Add comapny IDs and domains into contact file
    exampleexample
    I added one company IDs to all of my contacts because I wanted them to be associated this one particular company.
  3. Import this newly edited file
    → All of my contacts got associated with a company record "Disney"

I hope this clarifies!

0 Upvotes
webdew
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JPoppick ,

I hope you are talking about how to change associated company with a contact.
To change ans associated company with the contact Click on he contact name > on the right panel of the window ypu will see associated company name.
Hover over the company name and you will see an option to remove association, like this: 

webdew_0-1623225597824.png

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards. 

0 Upvotes
natsumimori
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @JPoppick , thank you for your post.

Do you mean you'd want to edit the associated company from a contact record? If yes, you can achieve this by clicking on "Remove association" as seen in the screenshot below:

Untitled_2_and_Untitled.png

This knowledge base article explains the details too: Associate records

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JPoppick,

When you navigate to a contact record, you should see a company association on the upper right of the screen:

karstenkoehler_0-1623210676586.png

This is where you can either click Preview and rename the company record or click X, remove the association and associate a new company.

If you're not working with the company object in HubSpot and simply want to the change the Company name field on the contact record, click View all properties in the left sidebar, search Company name and you can change it.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.