CRM

NGC-224
Contributeur de premier rang

How do I sync my HubSpot contacts with LinkedIn?

Résolue

Hello! First post in the Hubspot Community!

When someone on LinkedIn changes his email address or employer or job title - how can I automate this so the new information is updated in my HubSpot account as well?

My current state of research is that I have to sync LinkedIn with Google Contacts, and Google Contacts with HubSpot (and then sync HubSpot with Mailchimp).

The problem is: Google Contacts uses only one field for name - not "first name" and "last name" like Linkedin and HubSpot. I am currently researching if I can replace the Google Contacts "name" field with two custom fields "first name" and "last name"

Or is there a chance to directly sync LinkedIn and HubSpot? My research has shown that LinkedIn and HubSpot don't sync, not even in the enterprise edition of "Sales Navigator". But maybe I'm missing some information.

So please let me know which of the two ways is the way to go. Have you achieved sync? How did you do it?

Thanks!

PS: My screen name is the scientific name of the Andromeda Galaxy.

3 Solutions acceptées
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Leader d'opinion

Résolue

2000px-Ok_sign_font_awesomeDid my post help answer your query?

Help the Community by marking it as SOLVED

Q: How do I sync my HubSpot contacts with LinkedIn?

Short A: "Sync?" -- don't know that LinkedIn is a native HubSpot integration.

Longer A:

Sync implies a 'living' (onmidirectional or bidirectional) connection -- i.e., one that is auto-updated. Didn't know that was even possible between LinkedIn and HubSpot directly.

Would be very interested in hearing more about this type of direct sync from LinkedIn to HubSpot. However, introducing intimediate services into this sort of scenario is overly complicated and to great a risk to the integrity of the CRM IMHO.

hubspot-forum-signature-badge-v01.png

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

NGC-224
Solution

Résolue

Conclusion: true sync does not exist - most likely out of data protection reasons.

You cannot automatically update your HubSpot account with new job titles, email, or company names should a contact change jobs.

So you'll always have part of your database with incorrect information, and you correct it for people you deal with.

If you know a better way than manually update databases, please post it here.

0 Votes
CHawkins
Solution

Résolue

There is an upcoming "HubSpot and LinkedIn CRM Sync" beta that may help with this need moving forward!! 

You can learn more and sign up for updates here.

Casey Hawkins
HubSpot Freelancer | Digital Marketing Consultant

Found my solution helpful? Mark it as accepted

Schedule Time With Me

5 Réponses
CHawkins
Solution

Résolue

There is an upcoming "HubSpot and LinkedIn CRM Sync" beta that may help with this need moving forward!! 

You can learn more and sign up for updates here.

Casey Hawkins
HubSpot Freelancer | Digital Marketing Consultant

Found my solution helpful? Mark it as accepted

Schedule Time With Me

jonmartin
Contributeur

Résolue

The core issue to a proper solution is that LinkedIn does not want people pulling their data into other platforms, so they have made specific internal decisions in both their technology as well as the Terms of Service to make this difficult and a breach of T.O.S. with a permanent ban from LinkedIn as a potential penalty. 

If you are only marketing to people that are engaged in a value-based relationship with you, they should be willing to update their information for you. You may be able to solve parts of this problem by using drip campaigns and marketing automation to request updates on titles etc.

P.S. in addition to this, the vast majority of people use a personal email as the default email inside of LinkedIn so that when they switch jobs, they don't lose access to their account. 

MFrankJohnson
Solution
Leader d'opinion

Résolue

2000px-Ok_sign_font_awesomeDid my post help answer your query?

Help the Community by marking it as SOLVED

Q: How do I sync my HubSpot contacts with LinkedIn?

Short A: "Sync?" -- don't know that LinkedIn is a native HubSpot integration.

Longer A:

Sync implies a 'living' (onmidirectional or bidirectional) connection -- i.e., one that is auto-updated. Didn't know that was even possible between LinkedIn and HubSpot directly.

Would be very interested in hearing more about this type of direct sync from LinkedIn to HubSpot. However, introducing intimediate services into this sort of scenario is overly complicated and to great a risk to the integrity of the CRM IMHO.

hubspot-forum-signature-badge-v01.png

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
NGC-224

Résolue

There is no direct sync between LinkedIn and HubSpot.

This is the problem I'm trying to solve. People change jobs, and this will turn the important data in HubSpot increasingly irrelevant.

How else would one update information, so one's database isn't going bad over time?

At this time, at every email campaign I lose a dozen to a dozen and a half contacts over changed email addresses on Mailchimp. I would like to stop this attrition. 

0 Votes
NGC-224
Solution

Résolue

Conclusion: true sync does not exist - most likely out of data protection reasons.

You cannot automatically update your HubSpot account with new job titles, email, or company names should a contact change jobs.

So you'll always have part of your database with incorrect information, and you correct it for people you deal with.

If you know a better way than manually update databases, please post it here.

0 Votes