CRM

Zubby

How do I send an email to (or create lists from) the contacts of Company type "Partner"

SOLVE

Hi All,

I am currently trying to create email lists for my company's partners, vendors, and other company types. This is because I would like to send bulk emails to either clients or partners/vendors, but not both at a time.

Is this something possible within Hubspot?

Many thanks in advance!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Josh
Solution
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

How do I send an email to (or create lists from) the contacts of Company type "Partner"

SOLVE

Hi @Zubby,

This is definitely possible! Here's how I would do it...

1. Create a custom property for "Contact Type" which would consist of your options (Clients, Partners, Vendors, etc.)

2. If you're on Pro, I would create an active list which automatically updated based on the value of this field

3. You can then email that active list accordingly

Alternatively, if you don't have pro

1. Same as above

2. Go to your contacts screen and use a filter to only show the contacts with the appropriate property noted

3. Create static lists for each of the types of contacts

4. Add the filtered contacts to the appropriate static lists+

As another option, instead of adding to a static list from contacts, you could export as a CSV and then re-upload them to add to the appropriate list.

I hope that helps, but please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

Josh

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
Josh
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @Zubby,

This is definitely possible! Here's how I would do it...

1. Create a custom property for "Contact Type" which would consist of your options (Clients, Partners, Vendors, etc.)

2. If you're on Pro, I would create an active list which automatically updated based on the value of this field

3. You can then email that active list accordingly

Alternatively, if you don't have pro

1. Same as above

2. Go to your contacts screen and use a filter to only show the contacts with the appropriate property noted

3. Create static lists for each of the types of contacts

4. Add the filtered contacts to the appropriate static lists+

As another option, instead of adding to a static list from contacts, you could export as a CSV and then re-upload them to add to the appropriate list.

I hope that helps, but please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

Josh

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.

0 Upvotes
Zubby

SOLVE

Thanks so much! This helps a lot!

However, I don't suppose there is a way to automatically assign ALL Contacts within a Company that has a Type of Partner, with the Contact Type of Partner?

0 Upvotes
Josh

SOLVE
If you use Pro, you can do that with a workflow. If not, unfortunately it won’t be automatic.

Josh Curcio

0 Upvotes
Zubby

SOLVE

Thanks so much @Josh !!

Much appreciated!

0 Upvotes