CRM

DavidCAnderson

How do I manually enter contacts in HubSpot?

I am new here and don't have files or lists of customers, but will be creating a list of contacts as I go. I want to use HubSpot, but need an "Old School" way to populate my contacts

1 Reply 1
jolle
Recognized Expert | Partner
Recognized Expert | Partner

How do I manually enter contacts in HubSpot?

Hey @DavidCAnderson, thanks for reaching out!

Here are step-by-step instructions from HubSpot on how to create contact records. You can manually create individual contacts, so that sounds like it would be the way to go for now. Just note that HubSpot will display default properties within the contact creation form you see. If there are additional values you want to enter or custom properties you're using, you can customize that contact create form to include additonal properties (more info in this HubSpot Knowledge Base article).

That said, one-off contact creation can get super time-consuming. If you're going to be individually reviewing contacts and entering their information anyway, you may be better off building a contact spreadsheet that you can import all at once. Here is the HubSpot Knowledge Base article on setting up an import file.

You basically just want a column for each property (i.e., first name, last name, email address, phone number, company name, contact owner) and then a row for each individual contact containing the values for each column.

Hope this helps!!

Jacob Olle

Marketing Operations Manager

HubSpot Certified Trainer

Create Your Own Free Signature