CRM

quaetapo
参加者

How do I determine who sees different contacts?

解決

We would like to be able to limit who sees certain contacts and I'm wondering how to do this. For example, certain contacts have information that we don't want to be visible to all users, and we would like to segment those users so only authorised users can access their details.

How do we do this?

0 いいね!
1件の承認済みベストアンサー
MFrankJohnson
解決策
ソートリーダー

解決

2000px-Ok_sign_font_awesomeDoes my post help answer your question?

Help the Community by marking it as SOLVED

Q: How do I determine who sees different contacts?

Short A: Change Contacts Access 'View' setting under Settings->Users & Teams

Longer A:

There are basically two different approaches to controlling access to contacts in HubSpot. Each is set on a per-user basis and has their pros and cons.

-1- Limit Access by Contact Owner (formerly HubSpot Owner)

-2- Limit Access by Teams

(see image)

hubspot-crm-contacts-access.png

Important Note: Once the 'view' setting for a HubSpot user is changed to something other than 'Everything', that HubSpot user will no longer be able to see unassigned contacts (by default) until the 'Unassigned' checkbox is ticked.

Hope that helps. 

share-on-Linkedin-Button-75x19.png 

hubspot-forum-signature-badge-v01.png

www.MFrankJohnson.com

Please include @MFrankJohnson if you'd like me to respond.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

元の投稿で解決策を見る

4件の返信
MFrankJohnson
解決策
ソートリーダー

解決

2000px-Ok_sign_font_awesomeDoes my post help answer your question?

Help the Community by marking it as SOLVED

Q: How do I determine who sees different contacts?

Short A: Change Contacts Access 'View' setting under Settings->Users & Teams

Longer A:

There are basically two different approaches to controlling access to contacts in HubSpot. Each is set on a per-user basis and has their pros and cons.

-1- Limit Access by Contact Owner (formerly HubSpot Owner)

-2- Limit Access by Teams

(see image)

hubspot-crm-contacts-access.png

Important Note: Once the 'view' setting for a HubSpot user is changed to something other than 'Everything', that HubSpot user will no longer be able to see unassigned contacts (by default) until the 'Unassigned' checkbox is ticked.

Hope that helps. 

share-on-Linkedin-Button-75x19.png 

hubspot-forum-signature-badge-v01.png

www.MFrankJohnson.com

Please include @MFrankJohnson if you'd like me to respond.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
quaetapo
参加者

解決

Hi @MFJLabsthank you for your detailed reply. I had identified the teams approach, which is all good if you can create teams, but that option is of course limited with the Free CRM.

Equally, it seems very limited, since I would like to create combinations of views.

For example, it would be useful for people to see contacts and information of those in the CRM, but to not be able to access certain data associated with a contact. I would have thought this would be best managed at the Property Group level, where a Property Group could be assigned to a team and data for properties in that group is only visible to members of those teams.

Anyhoo, we work with the play dough we have, so I'll try and work out how best to put this to work in our situation.

Appreciate your clarifying for me.

Cheers,

Quaetapo

0 いいね!
MFrankJohnson
ソートリーダー

解決

@quaetapo 

>"...it would be useful for people to see contacts and information of those in the CRM, but to not be able to access certain data associated with a contact."

I agree. However, since HubSpot's CRM is still evolving as a compliment to the world-class HubSpot Marketing tool I don't expect this level of permissions granularity will be addressed in the near term.

One other thing to keep in mind since you mentioned multiple views ... HubSpot users can only be a member of one team at a time (no matter what the version of HubSpot). Just a thought to consider as you consider.

Good luck with your projects.

Best,

Frank

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 いいね!
quaetapo
参加者

解決

@MFJLabs

Thanks Frank, appreciate the thought.

Careful design required. 🙂

0 いいね!