CRM

Olivier
Participant

How do I automatically create a Deal ?

SOLVE

Hello,

When a user comes to our site and creates an account for a free trial, the following actions take place in Hubspot (I've modified actual data for readability) :

10:43 am John Doe was created from Organic Search from Unknown keywords (SSL)

10:40 am John Doe viewed page MyCompany.com

10:42 am John Doe viewed page MyCompany.com

10:42 am John Doe viewed page MyCompany.com/sign_up?_hstc=175...

10:42 am John Doe viewed page MyCompany.com/new_account

10:43 am John Doe was changed to "subscriber"

11:36 am The lifecycle stage for John Doe was changed to "salesqualifiedlead" by olivier

... Etc.

I'm new to Hubspot (currently in trial for Sales Pro and Marketing), and I'm trying to understand a couple of things:

1. When a user signs up for a free trial I'd like the contact Life Cycle Stage to be set to Sales Qualified Lead, not subscriber. How do I do this?

2. In this scenario is it possible to automatically generate a new Deal linked to this contact? Ideally with the title "TRIAL-CompanyName".
3. In this example, the Original Source is Organic Search , but I also created a custom property named Lead Source, which can be Trade Show, Referral, SEA, SEO, etc. Is it possible to automatically set Lead Source to SEO if Original Source is Organic Search?

Hope all this makes sense. Any help and advice are appreciated.

1 Accepted solution
lsirac
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi!

1. When a user signs up for a free trial I'd like the contact Life Cycle Stage to be set to Sales Qualified Lead, not subscriber. How do I do this?

2. In this scenario is it possible to automatically generate a new Deal linked to this contact? Ideally with the title "TRIAL-CompanyName".
3. In this example, the Original Source is Organic Search , but I also created a custom property named Lead Source, which can be Trade Show, Referral, SEA, SEO, etc. Is it possible to automatically set Lead Source to SEO if Original Source is Organic Search?

1. This is possible by using a workflow on the Marketing side, so you'll clear the property Lifecycle Stage then set it to SQL.

2. Creating a deal is also possible within the Workflows tool, with a "TRIAL-CompanyName" title.

3. Yes. Same way, through workflows -> set contact property.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
lsirac
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi!

1. This is possible by using a workflow on the Marketing side, so you'll clear the property Lifecycle Stage then set it to SQL.

2. Creating a deal is also possible within the Workflows tool, with a "TRIAL-CompanyName" title.

3. Yes. Same way, through workflows -> set contact property.

0 Upvotes