CRM

swells12

How do I associate imported contacts with existing companies based on a custom field on each record?

SOLVE

I am importing contacts that do not always get associated with a company. I need to create a workflow that looks for a property on the Contact and see if it matches a property on any of our Company records and then associate that company to that contact.

I have two scenarios. One where I want to match based on the Company Name on the Contact to the Company Name on the Company. The other is based on a custom field.

It seems I need to create custom code for this and I cannot find one that works.

The custom field information:

The contact property's internal name is: unique_id_for_company_association

The company property's internal name is: unique_id_for_company_association

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

How do I associate imported contacts with existing companies based on a custom field on each record?

SOLVE

Hi @swells12,

You should be able to achieve this with the third-party integration Associ8: https://ecosystem.hubspot.com/marketplace/apps/productivity/workflow-automation/associations-app-272...

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @swells12,

You should be able to achieve this with the third-party integration Associ8: https://ecosystem.hubspot.com/marketplace/apps/productivity/workflow-automation/associations-app-272...

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes