How do I add recurring tasks to deal stages?

nmeffert
Participant

Maybe I'm not understanding how HubSpot CRM is suppose to work, but when a deal gets moved to a stage, I would like to see a task list for what's required for that lead at that stage.

This task list would be more or less the same for any lead at that stage, so it should be a task list that is explicitly connected to that stage.

How can I set that up? Tasks don't seem to do it, since I have to create them when needed rather than in advance, and properties are too bulky to act as useful task lists.

Thanks!

8 Replies 8
nmeffert
Participant

Any thoughts on this? I am considering jumping ship to Nutshell because this feature is so obvious on their system.

jennysowyrda
Community Manager

Hi @nmeffert

There is no way to have a set list of tasks when you move a deal to a new stage. One way to accomplish a similar end goal would be to use custom deal properties that you can set when a deal moves to a new stage. For more information on this function, click here.

@kcooper and @Trumeter do you have any suggestions @nmeffert in regards to organizing tasks, deals, and general CRM management.

Thanks,

Jenny

nmeffert
Participant

Thank you very much. That is very strange. Maybe I am not understanding how HubSpot works, but that seems like a very important feature.

Doesn't any lead have specific tasks that need to be completed at any given stage? Aren't those tasks typically standard?

Unfortunately, I think this is a deal-breaker for me, but I'd be curious to know how others work around this. 

loungelizardmac
Participant

Any plans to add a recurring task feature?

Seems like a no-brainer to me, but would love to hear your feedback.

Thank you

Trumeter
Contributor | Elite Partner

I'm late on this one but assume you have seen the addition of specific tasks to deal stages automation added.... just in case you haven't.

nmeffert
Participant

I'm not sure I know what you're talking about. Is there a link where I could read more?

Trumeter
Contributor | Elite Partner

Hey there, here is an article on the Beta launch of the automation... and a screen shot of our Automation form our own HubSpot instance below.  Be advised the Beta was only available to Sales Pro, not sure if that has changed?  @jennysowyrda, do you know?

You go to Settings, then Deals, then Pipelines, and you choose the pipeline you want to automate and it is the second tab....

https://ux.hubspot.com/beta/automated-deal-stage-tasks

HubSpot Pipeline Stage Automation.jpeg

nmeffert
Participant

Thanks. That looks like what I'm after, but it looks like I have to pay $50 to try it out.

If that's the case, I'll probably stick to Nutshell, which is cheaper anyway.

If there was a free trial of that feature, I'd give it a shot.

Is there?

0 Upvotes