How can i check which user delted contacts?

ZeeshanSheikh

Recently some user deleted some contacts from our CRM. How can i check which user was responsable for delting client information from the CRM?

6 Replies 6
Bryantworks
Key Advisor

Hey @ZeeshanSheikh 

I'm not sure you can see directly who deleted it, you might be able to in the timeline after restoring a contact head to your recycle bin to restore deleted contacts.

Chris Bryant | Your Dedicated HubSpot Expert
ZeeshanSheikh

0 Upvotes
ZeeshanSheikh
Yes I restored it. Wanted to check who did it thou because it’s a serious offense deleting someone’s clients. The timeline isn’t showing the deletion :(.
sharonlicari
Community Manager

Hey @Bryantworks Thank you for your help! 🙂

Hey @ZeeshanSheikh 

For security reasons, at this time is not possible for users or HubSpot support to track this information. 

Thank you

Sharon

¿Sabías que la Comunidad está disponible en Español?
¡Participa hoy en conversaciones en el idioma de tu preferencia,cambiando el idioma en tus configuraciones!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
DaviCamas
Participant

Hi @sharonlicari !

Maybe I have the same problem of @ZeeshanSheikh.

For security reasons I need to find who is deleting contacts in our base. Once is not possible define in users configuration who can or can't delete contacts. The only configuration that exists is if the user can edit or not, and I would like some users could be able to edit, however never delete.

Would be great to have some configuration to this or be able to see who deleted the contact.

Thank you 🙂

sharonlicari
Community Manager

Hey @ZeeshanSheikh 

Thank you for sharing your feedback, If this is something you would like to see implemented in the future, I'll suggest adding this idea on our ideas forum

Best

Sharon

¿Sabías que la Comunidad está disponible en Español?
¡Participa hoy en conversaciones en el idioma de tu preferencia,cambiando el idioma en tus configuraciones!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !