CRM

bcornman
Contributor

How can a contact be opted out as soon as theyre created and no one from my company has ever emailed

SOLVE

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
bcornman
Solution
Contributor

How can a contact be opted out as soon as theyre created and no one from my company has ever emailed

SOLVE

Frank,

Perhaps I phrased this question improperly. What I meant was; I just uploaded a batch of contacts into hubspot from a CSV, how is it possible that the person I just uploaded is already opted out when I've never sent them anything?

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

Yes. This is starting to sound like intended behavior when previously opted-out contacts have been deleted from your HubSpot CRM.

We typically opt-out unengaged contacts then delete them from portals for clients. The obvious benefit is to reduce the number of contacts counted towards the HubSpot billing tier. In many cases, this saves $100's monthly.

Thing is, if any of those contacts are ever re-imported they will automatically show as 'opted out of all emails'. (by design)

- see Do contacts who are imported on an opt-out list count towards my billable contact total?

Hope that helps.

Best,

Frank

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

SOLVE

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

Help other HubSpot searchers find this post quickly by accepting this solution today.

Q: How can a contact be opted out as soon as theyre created?

Short A: Manually from within the contact record.

(see image)

hubspot-email-opt-out.png 

Longer A:

n/a

Help answer your question? If so, remember to accept this solution today.

Best,
Frank

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v03.png

www.MFrankJohnson.com

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes
bcornman
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

Frank,

Perhaps I phrased this question improperly. What I meant was; I just uploaded a batch of contacts into hubspot from a CSV, how is it possible that the person I just uploaded is already opted out when I've never sent them anything?

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

SOLVE

Can't explain the unexplainable @bcornman, but you'll want to confirm that no one from your email domain has ever emailed them. HubSpot has a memory like an elephant. haha

About how many mysteriously opted-out contacts are we talking here?

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes
bcornman
Contributor

SOLVE

I'll have to look through our systems to see if no one was ever emailed them. Seems like it happens to just 1 or 2 for every batch of contacts I upload. Those are typically 20-50 at a time.

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

Yes. This is starting to sound like intended behavior when previously opted-out contacts have been deleted from your HubSpot CRM.

We typically opt-out unengaged contacts then delete them from portals for clients. The obvious benefit is to reduce the number of contacts counted towards the HubSpot billing tier. In many cases, this saves $100's monthly.

Thing is, if any of those contacts are ever re-imported they will automatically show as 'opted out of all emails'. (by design)

- see Do contacts who are imported on an opt-out list count towards my billable contact total?

Hope that helps.

Best,

Frank

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com