CRM

lynnecordice

How can I use an OR or AND operator in my contacts or companies filter?

SOLVE

Hi 

We have just started using Hubspot CRM Free, and we would like to filter contacts based on multiple values for a single property. I have found this  article but when I create the filter the option I get is 'contains exactly' not contains, so it's looking for just one value (the only options I get are contains exactly, doesn't contain exactly, is known or is unknown).

Does anyone know if it's possible in the free version please?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

Hi @lynnecordice, you mean "multiple values for a single property" like this?

hubspot-crm-contact-view-filter-contains-exactly.png

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

SOLVE

2000px-Ok_sign_font_awesomeDoes my post help answer your question?

Help the Community by marking it as SOLVED

Q: How can I use an OR or AND operator in my contacts or companies filter?

Short A: It depends on the field type.

Longer A:

When using a multi-checkbox field type you will only be presented with the specific checkbox options when trying to use that property as a filter criteria.

If you use a different property field type (e.g., Single Line Text), then you will be able to filter based on 'OR' criteria (e.g., '@yahoo.com' OR '@gmail.com'). This is true for all versions of HubSpot.

That being said, premium versions of the tool offers something called Smart Lists wherein you can select multiple criteria from just about anything (including multi-checkbox fields!). Smart lists can then be used as a View Filter criteria in the CRM.

So, to sum it up. Yes, you have the ability to select multiple criteria using HubSpot Free depending on the field type selected. However, you have many more options available via other tools available in HubSpot Pro and HubSpot Enterprise.

Hope that makes sense and solves this question for you.

share-on-Linkedin-Button-75x19.png 

hubspot-forum-signature-badge-v01.png

www.MFrankJohnson.com

Please include @MFrankJohnson in your message if you'd like me to reply.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes
lynnecordice

SOLVE

Hi @MFrankJohnson

@Thanks for your reply. The issue I’m having is this: for example, if I want to create a filter on City, the options I get are contains exactly, doesn’t contain exactly, is known, is unknown- see screenshot below.

IMG_0691.jpg

Thanks for your help!

Lynne

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

Hi @lynnecordice, you mean "multiple values for a single property" like this?

hubspot-crm-contact-view-filter-contains-exactly.png

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes
lynnecordice

SOLVE

Hi @MFrankJohnson

Yes exactly that. The first time I tried it with putting part of the name with the wildcard * it came up saying No contacts match the current filters, and then when I had seen the wording saying 'contains exactly' was different to the article I linked to, I thought I had different functionality!! Now having tried again, it is working as I would expect it to!

Thank you for bearing with me!

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

SOLVE

You're welcome @lynnecordice.

Now, please take a brief moment and do a little HubSpot 'happy dance'! haha 🙂

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
lynnecordice

SOLVE

I most definitely will @MFrankJohnson Smiley Very Happy - I love Hubspot already, but as a 'newbie' I'm sure it won't be my last question!! I find it very easy to use, but like all software there are 'best practices' and hints & tips that take a while to pick up!

Lynne

0 Upvotes