CRM

gerardo137
Miembro

How can I filter contacts by a multiple checkboxes-type property using boolean operators?

resolver

I have a contact property for membership type that is a multiple checkboxes field.  Some contacts are type X, some contacts are type Y, some contacts are both type X and Y.

Can I filter contacts using Boolean operators to create a view that contains contacts of type X only, excluding contacts that are type X and Y?

1 Soluciones aceptada
Phil_Vallender
Solución
Miembro estimable | Partner nivel Diamond

How can I filter contacts by a multiple checkboxes-type property using boolean operators?

resolver

Hi @gerardo137

You can't do this in a filter because you can only use a property once and the 'is any of' condition would return both groups. 

If you have Marketing Basic or better, you can do this in a list though - since you can use properties twice in lists and the 'contains' rule checks for exact multi-select contents, not all that include the selected value. 

Hope that helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

4 Respuestas 4
perspicacity
Participante | Partner
Participante | Partner

resolver

I solved this this way. Say a multiple checkbox property has three options: A, B, and C. Create a smart list with n-1 groups:

1. property is A and property is B or C
  2. property is B and property is A or C
DianaGomez
Administrador de la comunidad
Administrador de la comunidad

resolver

Hi @perspicacity, hope you are doing well!

Thanks for sharing 🙂

Best,

Diana

¿Sabías que la Comunidad está disponible en Español?
¡Participa hoy en conversaciones en el idioma de tu preferencia,cambiando el idioma en tus configuraciones!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

Phil_Vallender
Solución

resolver

Hi @gerardo137

You can't do this in a filter because you can only use a property once and the 'is any of' condition would return both groups. 

If you have Marketing Basic or better, you can do this in a list though - since you can use properties twice in lists and the 'contains' rule checks for exact multi-select contents, not all that include the selected value. 

Hope that helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
LK165
Participante

resolver

Is there an operator equivalent to "DOES NOT CONTAIN"? I have a property that needs to be used in a list with multiple filters where it should look something like this:

filter1:

string property contains ("abc;xyz") 

filter 2: 

string property does not contain ("123; uv")

I am setting them programmatically via the api and haven't quite figured out the appropriate operator to use. 

TIA

0 Me gusta