CRM

Daemach

How can I copy contact owners NAME to another property?

SOLVE

We use mailchimp for our email.  I need to use piesync to push hubspot contacts into mailchimp with the contact owners name so that name will show up on reports.  Contact owner isn't even a possible sync field for some reason.  I tried creating a custom property and a workflow to copy contact owner into it, but it copies the owner's ID instead of the name.  How do I get an owner's name into that field???

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Daemach,

Instead of copying the values from the Contact owner property to a custom property, you could use if/then branches to set specific values for the target property. The setup is a little bit laborious but it should work:

If Contact owner is User 1, set value of new property to 'User 1'

If Contact owner is User 2, set value of new property to 'User 2'

If Contact owner is User 3, set value of new property to 'User 3'

etc.

Now, you're not copying the owner IDs, you're manually setting the values. Of course this is only feasible for a few owners, not for dozens. In that case you should reach out to PieSync support as @TiphaineCuisset has already pointed out.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12
TH7
Contributor

SOLVE

I know this is an old post, but I had the exact same problem (for companies) and found a similar solution elsewhere.

1. Create a custom text property to hold the owner's name
  2. Create a workflow with a set property step
  3. Paste a personalization token in the property you created in step 1
    • For example: {{ contact.hubspot_owner_id.fullname }}
  4. Test workflow
  5. Celebrate when it works

P.S. You can also stamp the team using: {{ company.hubspot_team_id }}

AKing78
Participant

SOLVE

Another solution is to copy all the options to a multi-select property then to a text property - it will copy the Label instead of the internal value. You must copy the Label (Name) and Internal Value from the company property (do not copy from a different object type as the numbers are different). I find this to be more scalable for large teams though it does require upfront data entry and maintenance as you add employees.

This just became po

0 Upvotes
RIseFuel
Participant | Partner
Participant | Partner

SOLVE

What should the goal be set to?

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @RIseFuel,

The time between enrollment and completion will only be seconds – by this time the contact will be eligible for re-enrollment again. Unless you bulk edit thousands of contacts, this should not be a problem.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

RIseFuel
Participant | Partner
Participant | Partner

SOLVE

I cant seem to get one that has gone through to update a new contact owner change 

RIseFuel_0-1607527587273.png

0 Upvotes
RIseFuel
Participant | Partner
Participant | Partner

SOLVE

That only works if they are not already in the workflow. how do you get them out of the workflow the first time?

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @RIseFuel,

Contacts should re-enroll with the following settings. (Make sure to test this with one test contact in your portal before you unleash it on all contacts.) Previous removal from the workflow shouldn't be necessary since there are only a few workflow steps which will ususally be executed within a few seconds.

contact-owner-known.png

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Daemach,

Instead of copying the values from the Contact owner property to a custom property, you could use if/then branches to set specific values for the target property. The setup is a little bit laborious but it should work:

If Contact owner is User 1, set value of new property to 'User 1'

If Contact owner is User 2, set value of new property to 'User 2'

If Contact owner is User 3, set value of new property to 'User 3'

etc.

Now, you're not copying the owner IDs, you're manually setting the values. Of course this is only feasible for a few owners, not for dozens. In that case you should reach out to PieSync support as @TiphaineCuisset has already pointed out.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

RIseFuel
Participant | Partner
Participant | Partner

SOLVE

How do you remove them from this workflow and re-enroll if contact owner is changed?

0 Upvotes
Daemach

SOLVE

I suppose this would work, but it requires manually keeping this up to date which is a downer.

Hubspot is pretty, but I sure wish the platform was more intelligent 😕

TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @Daemach 

Thank you for reaching out. 

I'd recommend reaching out to PieSync support regarding this as they were the ones who built this integration and will be better to explain why Contact Owner is not appearing as an option when you add a custom mapping, and/or if this is expected behaviour. 

For your workflow, however, did you choose a "HubSpot user" type of field for your custom property? 

Thank you, 

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
Daemach

SOLVE

I used a string field, assuming that if the hubspot user didn't come through as contact owner, it wouldn't work here either.

0 Upvotes