CRM

RealtyButler
Teilnehmer/-in

How can I change deal stages with the Workflows tool?

lösung

I've seen in the workflow that I can create a Deal and assign it to a pipeline and a stage. Is there a way for me to add a step where the Deal Stage changes depending on where we are at in the workflow? 

For example - first email gets sent (client gets added to Deal Stage called First Email) - if they open and click, they will get moved automatically to the next deal stage trough the workflow. Is that possible? 

2 Akzeptierte Lösungen
Nicositter
Lösung
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung
You now have deal-based workflows, so you van change the value of the stage automatically given a certain trigger!

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

csautereld
Lösung
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

You are right!, This function is under the Action "SET Property Value"--> Business-->"Deal Stage".

I din't find it before because I didn't think of "Deal Stage" as a Property so I wasn't looking for It.

Thanks

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

31 Antworten
MFrankJohnson
Vordenker/-in

lösung

And ... there's more ...

- see [Now Live] Deal-based and Ticket-based Workflows

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes
csautereld
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

I can't find anything about this "Similarly, you can build a workflow to advance a deal to the next stage automatically" Does anybody have any updates on this?

This would help me a lot.

Thanks.

0 Upvotes
Nicositter
Lösung
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung
You now have deal-based workflows, so you van change the value of the stage automatically given a certain trigger!
ContaNobordist
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

It is possible to create a workflow to change the deal stage when a quote is signed by a customer?

PamCotton
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

lösung

Hello @ContaNobordist , I believe you are able to create a quote workflow with this information.

quotes workflow actions listedquotes workflow actions listed

Kindly,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

TH1
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Hi @PamCotton 

It seems that the functionality described in this thread no longer exists in the workflow tool. "Deal Stage" is not an option available under the "set property value" action. Could you give an update on the status of this functionality, please?

PamCotton
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

lösung

Hello @TH1, I was able to find this option on my end while editing the quotes type workflow. Could you please provide a screenshot of what you are experiencing on your end? Thank you!

Screen Shot 2021-03-08 at 9.19.16 AM.png

shilpawymer
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Shame this only seems to be available in Enterprise

0 Upvotes
TH1
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Thanks @PamCotton interestingly it seems it is not consistent across workflow types. Deal Stage is not available in Deal-Based workflows but is in others.

TH1_0-1615976098736.png

It does seem that Deal Stage can be updated by any other type of workflow. I guess it isn't available in Deal Based to prevent workflow loops or cascades, where other Deal-Based workflows would trigger from Deal Stage, but it does limit the use case. You can set Deal Stage from Company or Contact workflows, but this will affect all deals for that Company or Contact, which is not always desirable.

0 Upvotes
csautereld
Lösung
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

You are right!, This function is under the Action "SET Property Value"--> Business-->"Deal Stage".

I din't find it before because I didn't think of "Deal Stage" as a Property so I wasn't looking for It.

Thanks

Joy-EWM
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Nice, but that will move all deal of its contact. including deal outside other pipeline.
What if i just want to move specific deal, on specific stage.

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

lösung

Hello @Joy-EWM 

This will happen when a contact base workflow is created. To ensure you will take the actions based on a deal not on the contact ( and deals associated with) you will need to create a deal workflow and use a deal property to accomplish your goal to change to a specific stage.

For example, a workflow can be something like:

If the deal stage is equal to: "Contract Sent" > set a property value  to > Closed won

I hope this information helps.

Pam

0 Upvotes
appah1
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Nice one, that was the solution.

This function is under the Action "SET Property Value"--> Business-->"Deal Stage"

0 Upvotes
alt36
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

lösung

The link you provided states, "Similarly, you can build a workflow to advance a deal to the next stage automatically, or create tasks for your reps whenever deals enter certain stages." 

But that is it. Is this a thing?

0 Upvotes
DWXFX
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

This would make our life a **bleep** of a lot easier as well. 

99% of our customers don't pass through a sales rep but 1% come via outbound sales efforts. These are clearly high value targets.

The critical buyer actions are the same in both cases e.g. register for the platform, start KYC etc. Consequently I'd like to be able to update Deal Stages automatically based on Lifecycle Stage updates or other custom properties.

0 Upvotes
chucktaco
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

We too would like to move deals through the deal flow using a workflow.  Given this is just changing a database field, and Hubspot is great at doing this with pretty much all other fields, I am guessing there is some specific reason why HubSpot has decided to avoid this within the Product Management folks there? 

Please contact me if you would like to hear our use case.   

This is the only major feature block I have hit in HubSpot, and it is the type I have hit in other CRMs that have been very frustrating.  Very hopeful HubSpot can change this soon, although we need to run a launch without it now and will have to store data that should be in the deal flow in a contact property in a janky way as a result and will be difficult to unwind.  Humans moving deals through stages with mouse clicks should not be a requirement to use the deal flow tool and associated visualizations 🙂

Nicositter
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Hello all,

As I understand, this is still not available in Hubspot.

We have found a workaround using an automation tool that can trigger change of deal stage or even pipeline on a given deal stage.
I've tested it, and it works.

So this is very strange for me. They are using the API, but I don't see why this can't be possible directly inside Hubspot, and more specifically workflows.
I think this should really be added to the roadmap pretty fast.

And on a bigger picture, the possibility of updating / deleting (and not only creating) deals or tasks should be added to the workflows. This is a must have for any sales team.

Regards,

Nicolas

KyleGarrett
Mitglied

lösung

Hey Nicolas,

Are you able to share the name of said 'automation tool'?

- Kyle

Nicositter
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Hi Kyle,

I used Automate.io for some other integrations and discovered that I could change deal stages / pipelines. Actually, you can update a Deal.

It's free for 250 automations / month and it's integrated with Hubspot. Very easy to use, so give it a try, although I see some hickups from time to time on the automation.

The team is also pretty reactive.
Cheers,
Nicolas

Disclaimer: I have nothing to do with Automate.io

Lionheart-Paul
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Because it is in the API, my understanding is that you can use other API tools like Zapier as well.

Perhaps I can just write a "Sales Manager App" in the hubspot developer platform...?