CRM

everit_MK

How can I add more than one email addresses to a contact

SOLVE

Short question 🙂

If someone has several email addresses can I add them all to one single contact?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
roisinkirby
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hey @everit_MK welcome to the Community!

This functionality is not currently possible. This is because HubSpot's contact databse is built on the basis that contact records are associated with one unique email address. This allows the software to a) de-duplicate recores based on email (find out more here) and b) allow users to automatically associated contact and company records.

You can however create a custom contact property to host second and third emails, but you won't be able to select these as To addresses when sending emails via the CRM. 

I would reccommend posting this feature request to the HubSpot Ideas Forum where others can vote for the idea. I would encourage you to include as much detail as possible in the commentary of the idea, e.g. example use cases, as this helps our Produt Team investigate the request but also helps other users identify and vote for feature requests that effect them.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Guidon
Participant

SOLVE

We did add the custom fields to solve this, but then when using the Sales Chrome Extension, it doesn't recognize the other email addresses, and therefore it doesn't know the contact already exists, and goes on to create it again...

Is there a way without using the API to merge those new records? (HubSpot won't know they are a dup necesarily)?

0 Upvotes
roisinkirby
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hey @everit_MK welcome to the Community!

This functionality is not currently possible. This is because HubSpot's contact databse is built on the basis that contact records are associated with one unique email address. This allows the software to a) de-duplicate recores based on email (find out more here) and b) allow users to automatically associated contact and company records.

You can however create a custom contact property to host second and third emails, but you won't be able to select these as To addresses when sending emails via the CRM. 

I would reccommend posting this feature request to the HubSpot Ideas Forum where others can vote for the idea. I would encourage you to include as much detail as possible in the commentary of the idea, e.g. example use cases, as this helps our Produt Team investigate the request but also helps other users identify and vote for feature requests that effect them.

everit_MK

SOLVE

@roisinkirby Thank you very much for the suggestions!