CRM

alloykitchen

How To Avoid Contact Being Deleted?

SOLVE

When We Assigned Ownership To A User in CRM, I need give them permission to update & edit updated information, but how can i :

• Avoid The User from deleting An Assigned Contact? Is there any specific setting i can do by avoiding contact being deleted from an assigned Contact?

Hope to get assistant from here soonest possible.

Appreciated

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @alloykitchen and everyone,

HubSpot recently introduced a new set of permissions specifically for this. Admins can now create delete permissions by record type and user, separately from edit permissions (see the "Delete" column).

karstenkoehler_0-1623134391016.png

Let me know if you have any questions about this! If you find this post useful, you can help the community (and make my day) by marking this post as a solution.

Cheers!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @alloykitchen and everyone,

HubSpot recently introduced a new set of permissions specifically for this. Admins can now create delete permissions by record type and user, separately from edit permissions (see the "Delete" column).

karstenkoehler_0-1623134391016.png

Let me know if you have any questions about this! If you find this post useful, you can help the community (and make my day) by marking this post as a solution.

Cheers!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

edjusten
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @alloykitchen  The permission settings allow you to prevent a user from bulk deleting contacts, but there is not a setting to prevent owners from deleting a contact. The HubSpot  User Permission Guide is located here

Thank you,

Ed Justen

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
ndwilliams3
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Just ran into this issue where a sale rep was deleting leads that they didn't consider qualifed. It only came to light when one of those leads reached out and he needed to log activity and we had to add them back in. Not sure how many leads were deleted, but it definately impacts reporting! I would much prefer to restrict who has access to delete leads.

jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hey all,

To ensure your thoughts are being heard by the product team and are recognized as a feature request, I would recommend creating an idea or upvoting (and adding your thoughts to) an existing idea in the ideas forum.

Thanks,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
ndwilliams3
Key Advisor

SOLVE
0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Thanks for sharing @ndwilliams3 🙂 

0 Upvotes
richkahn
Participant

SOLVE

I agree.  Giving us the ability to lock grant VIEW and EDIT permissions is great, but DELETE is a different permission altogether in every system I have used or built.

Picture a busy sales floor with a Manager and 10 reps.  The Sales Manager assigns a bunch of tasks to his all of his Reps expecting they will do the work.  A lazy Sales Rep decides to DELETE a bunch of tasks.

How is the Sales Manager supposed to prevent this, or know this even took place?  HubSpot is failing us but not having a DELETE permission setting or even a log to know that this rep DELETED the task.

True, the rep could edit the tasks to something totally different than what was assigned to still get out of doing the work, but DELETE without a log is more dangerous than EDIT.

When will HubSpot catch up to the rest of the CRM's with this basic functionality? (I just checked and this permission has existed for 6+ years in Salesforce).

tim1468
Top Contributor

SOLVE

this feature should be present, if a user leave the compagny, he can compeltly destroy the data bank! i wil think again about  keep this CRM, because that is to much dangerous