CRM

brndnstwrt
投稿者

How Dynamic Is The Relationship Between Deals and Products?

解決

If we understand this correctly, once you have associated a product to a deal, it will not be affected if you later change that product in the product library. Is that correct and intentional behavior?

So if, say, I want to change the name of a product from “Test 1” to “Test 2” within the product library, any deals that already contain an association to “Test 1” will keep the “Test 1” product name and original details.

• This flexibility is certainly beneficial for deal creation and management so that you can change details quickly without gettting bogged down the the potential for duplication in the library.

• This flexibility is also detrimental to reporting because one product (with a single Product ID) can show up in reports multiple times depending on how many times the various iterations have been added to deals. In the example below, I created a product and updated it three times, adding to a deal after each update. The resulting custom report showed the same product (with the single Product ID) in all its variations. (Perhaps the Line_item property is the unique identifier in those situations?)

Annotation 2020-06-04 164847.jpg

2件の承認済みベストアンサー
Bryantworks
解決策
キーアドバイザー | Diamond Partner

解決

Thanks for the tag @JessicaH!

@brndnstwrt I did some testing on a demo account and I see the same things, if I add a product to a deal, then update that product name, the deal maintains the old naming convention.

For reporting, I can see this being an issue moving forward but unfortunately, I'm not sure of a workaround within HubSpot other than going to those deals with that product and updating them to the new product.  Which can cause issues if you're using the quotes feature (I imagine).  

Chris Bryant | Your Dedicated HubSpot Expert

元の投稿で解決策を見る

0 いいね!
brndnstwrt
解決策
投稿者

解決

Thanks for confirming, @Bryantworks.

You are also correct that the only way to fix this (removing the products from the deals, then re-adding) is not feasible for us because we would have so much rework to do (hundreds of deals) and it would likely negatively affect the quotes.

I guess the takeaway here is that you should NOT approach the product library as something that continuously evolves and changes (beyond merely adding products). Rather, the product library needs to be updated in set, predictable intervals so that we can mirror that logic to shape the related deal/product reporting. 

元の投稿で解決策を見る

0 いいね!
3件の返信
JessicaH
元HubSpot社員
元HubSpot社員

解決

Hi @brndnstwrt,

Thanks for reaching out.

I want to tag in a few subject matter experts who may be able to assist with this! 

Hi @Bryantworks @Phil_Vallender@himanshurauthan do you have any suggestions for @brndnstwrt?

Thanks!

Jess 

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, in dem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 いいね!
Bryantworks
解決策

解決

Thanks for the tag @JessicaH!

@brndnstwrt I did some testing on a demo account and I see the same things, if I add a product to a deal, then update that product name, the deal maintains the old naming convention.

For reporting, I can see this being an issue moving forward but unfortunately, I'm not sure of a workaround within HubSpot other than going to those deals with that product and updating them to the new product.  Which can cause issues if you're using the quotes feature (I imagine).  

Chris Bryant | Your Dedicated HubSpot Expert
0 いいね!
brndnstwrt
解決策
投稿者

解決

Thanks for confirming, @Bryantworks.

You are also correct that the only way to fix this (removing the products from the deals, then re-adding) is not feasible for us because we would have so much rework to do (hundreds of deals) and it would likely negatively affect the quotes.

I guess the takeaway here is that you should NOT approach the product library as something that continuously evolves and changes (beyond merely adding products). Rather, the product library needs to be updated in set, predictable intervals so that we can mirror that logic to shape the related deal/product reporting. 

0 いいね!