CRM

Devitt
Participant

Historical Field Values - Next Step

SOLVE

I used a next step deal field quite frequently in a different CRM, and am trying to replicate the same functioality in HubSpot. 

Essentially, I want to capture the next step for a given deal in the pipeline, but also track the historial field value to visualize how the deal has progresses. Right now, the only way I am able to do so is in the properties history, but it is not linear, and shows the historial progress of all properties associated to the field. 

Any thought on how I could fiter the historical property, or replicate this feature some other way?

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Devitt,

Have you considered using deal pipeline stages for this? HubSpot automatically stores the date when a deal enters a certain stage and by mapping your sales process to deal stages, there is always a defined next step for each deal: the next deal stage.

If that is not an option, could you explain step by step how you're currently using your "Next step" field? Could you specify what you mean when you say "not linear"? For any deal property, you can always see the linear history of field values. Find the field on the deal record, hover over it and click Details:

karstenkoehler_0-1644383898561.png

See for example this history:

karstenkoehler_1-1644383919977.png

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Devitt,

Have you considered using deal pipeline stages for this? HubSpot automatically stores the date when a deal enters a certain stage and by mapping your sales process to deal stages, there is always a defined next step for each deal: the next deal stage.

If that is not an option, could you explain step by step how you're currently using your "Next step" field? Could you specify what you mean when you say "not linear"? For any deal property, you can always see the linear history of field values. Find the field on the deal record, hover over it and click Details:

karstenkoehler_0-1644383898561.png

See for example this history:

karstenkoehler_1-1644383919977.png

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Devitt
Participant

SOLVE

Hey Karsten, 

Thanks for the reply! The reason I don't necessarily want to use deal stage is because I use the next step field to track much less signifigant milestones with a champion for a deal. Using deal stage, while perfect in theory, would require me to have 15+ deal stages in the funnel. That said you have answered my question with the details! That does indeed show the linear history I was looking for, and it is not mixed in with the historical values for each field. Thank you!