CRM

xmontero
Participant

Hide contacts that asked to "postpone" until a certain date is reached

I sell trips. Some contact is asking for a trip for this summer (say we are in february now).

After some conversations they see it's better for them to travel in october and they want to "continue" our conversation in may.

I understand I can create a custom prop named "Do not contact until" and filter by date.

But I feel this is "common to all industries" and most probably I should not be creating a "custom prop" for this and filter out from the custom prop.

As I'm rather new to Hubspot probably there's a standard method I don't know.

What standard property should I use in the contact to "hide it" until a certain date is reached?

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
Whathcock
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

Hide contacts that asked to "postpone" until a certain date is reached

HI @xmontero ,

This isn't "hiding" the contact, but I would suggest considering leveraging HubSpot tasks. Basically when a contact says they want to continue your conversation in XYZ month, you could create a task for yourself to follow up with them at the time specified. You can set up the task to send you notifications to remind you as you get closer to the 'due date', and you'll know that if you're not being prompted by the task/reminders that you don't need to take any action on these contacts at the moment.

Hope this helps!

Whitney

Screenshot 2022-12-16 at 1.09.01 PM.png

Found my comment helpful? Great! Please mark it as a solution to help other community users.
0 Upvotes