CRM

AllyRRS
Contributor

Help with understand Deals and going forwards

SOLVE

After reading another post, (https://community.hubspot.com/t5/CRM/What-s-the-difference-between-deals-and-tickets/m-p/305220#M116...) I am thinking that we need the sales pipeline as well but am still not sure.

Basically, all I want to do is track each time someone books a course. On looking at all the pipeline info with "presentations schedules" and "decision maker brought in", I don't think that's going to work for us.

Our process is:

1. They email or call us
  2. we reply
  3. sometimes they book straight away and other times it's several months later and sometimes not at all.
  4. Some clients come back for 2 or even 3 courses. 

What would you suggest is the best course of action please? I'm not a technophobe at all but the whole import thing has got me so confused. I've had to split it all up and have clients and companies so far, but am unsure where to go from here and it's been taking me hours. Also, I am only on the free one - if someone comes back for subsequent courses, does this mean I can't log them? 

Many thanks. 

Ally

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
gelflex-cc
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

@AllyRRS I create and name deals from a contact record without issue. For me I use the name of the product and the account number - product 1234.

This is from the contact record;

Untitled.png

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8
Phil_Vallender
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @AllyRRS 

It sounds like you want to use HubSpot CRM to track the sales of courses to contact and companies, in which case deals and the deal pipeline would be a suitable tool for doing this. 

Tickets is really intended for managing customer support issues. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
AllyRRS
Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks - I am using the CRM but I can use the deals as part of the CRM can't I? I have transferred across all my clients and took out all the bookings data from my spreadsheet. Now I just need to figure out how I put across all the bookings data and how to match them to my clients. 

0 Upvotes
gelflex-cc
Key Advisor

SOLVE

@AllyRRS think of a deal as a sale. Yes you can use it.  

I use the name of the product and an identifying code for the company or person.

@Phil_Vallender  how do you keep track of "products" in the free version?

AllyRRS
Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks so much @gelflex-cc 

I'll have to think of a naming system. It seems from what I could see that you can't add a deal directly from a person. This just seemed a bit weird unless I'm missing something.

I'll also wait to see what @Phil_Vallender says on the 'more than one' deal on the free version.

gelflex-cc
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

@AllyRRS I create and name deals from a contact record without issue. For me I use the name of the product and the account number - product 1234.

This is from the contact record;

Untitled.png

AllyRRS
Contributor

SOLVE

Great thanks so much. I've just seen it. Originally I couldn't see it. 

gelflex-cc
Key Advisor

SOLVE

@AllyRRS best of luck to you!

AllyRRS
Contributor

SOLVE

Any other help please?

0 Upvotes