CRM

MLapides8

Help with companies vs. contacts

SOLVE

Hi all.  This might be a basic question, but it's the first time I've encountered this in a while.

I just uploaded a list of companies and each had 3 or 4 contacts.  Everyone is there in the company tab, but how do I get the contacts listed in contacts as well?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MLapides8 

Contacts need to be imported into the contact object separately from companies into the company object. Importing a list of companies that includes contact information will only create the company records. 

If the email sending domain of the contacts and their companies match exactly, HubSpot should be able to associate them. If not, you need to import the records in a specific way to build the associations. 

All the info you require is here: Import two files for association

Hope this helps. 

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @MLapides8 

Contacts need to be imported into the contact object separately from companies into the company object. Importing a list of companies that includes contact information will only create the company records. 

If the email sending domain of the contacts and their companies match exactly, HubSpot should be able to associate them. If not, you need to import the records in a specific way to build the associations. 

All the info you require is here: Import two files for association

Hope this helps. 

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency