CRM

Paulined

Having different categories on the CRM

SOLVE

Hi,

I am new to Hubspot and I have always used CRMs such as Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics, Oracle CRM... in all of these CRMs, you have the contacts and the leads separated. The problem is that on yours, you only have contacts. What can I do to have a distingued seperation between the two? 

Also, when I click on "contacts", I just have a mixed of all of them. I can see that you can filter them on the left side of the website, but can it be made permanent or do I have to do it all over again everytime? Can I create a filter like " unqualified lead" and add the contact to this filter?

Thank you

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
himanshurauthan
Solution
Thought Leader | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hello @Paulined 

HubSpot provides a very useful default contact property to manage lifecyle of contacts on CRM. Its a lifecycle stage property which has several useful options like: lead, customer, MQL, SQL, opportunity etc.

You can manage your leads or customers with the help of this property.

Screenshot_2019-07-15 Property settings.png

Next for saving of filtered lists of contacts, you can either create Smart lists on HubSpot or in contacts, we have the ability to save the filtered contacts either in private mode, to users or visible to everyone.

Screenshot_2019-07-15 Contacts.png

Hope it will help you.

Thanks

Digital Marketing & Inbound Expert In Growth Hacking Technology

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
brandonmunson25

SOLVE

I have never given this much consideration, now that I have, I am lost to the answer. First, difference between Group and Categories? Is one or the other considered a higher level in regard to filter (ascending). Or is Grouping associated with sorting. This example, what is the standard convent to sort these fields by  CRM hierarchy? I suspect the order is off left to right? 

NursesNurse RNsNurse LPNsEmployee
0 Upvotes
himanshurauthan
Solution

SOLVE

Hello @Paulined 

HubSpot provides a very useful default contact property to manage lifecyle of contacts on CRM. Its a lifecycle stage property which has several useful options like: lead, customer, MQL, SQL, opportunity etc.

You can manage your leads or customers with the help of this property.

Screenshot_2019-07-15 Property settings.png

Next for saving of filtered lists of contacts, you can either create Smart lists on HubSpot or in contacts, we have the ability to save the filtered contacts either in private mode, to users or visible to everyone.

Screenshot_2019-07-15 Contacts.png

Hope it will help you.

Thanks

Digital Marketing & Inbound Expert In Growth Hacking Technology