CRM

markahope
Member | Partner
Member | Partner

Having Trouble Importing File - Contacts

SOLVE

I've got a lot of experience importing files into HubSpot, but today I am trying to import a contact file and I keep getting the error: "Something went wrong.  Please try again or refresh the page."

This file is a comma-delimited (.csv) file using UTF-8 encoding.  It has 7,700 lines and only four columns.  It is a file with one field of new data going to a custom property field using Single Line Text as the type.

Any thoughts?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @markahope,

At which stage of the import process are you seeing the error? Right when selecting the file? I'd try a different file format, save your file as xls or xlsx, for example.

Generally, I've encountered this before, so far it has never been about the file but related to the browser.

Here's what I'd recommend:

• To get this import over the finish line, try another browser or different device altogether.
  • Alternatively, have a colleague try to import the file.
  • Make sure you're using a supported browser.
  • To troubleshoot the underlying issue, clear cookies/cache in your current browser.
  • If the problem persists, disable/enable all browser extensions one by one to identify the potential cause. Especially privacy-related add-ins are known to interfere with HubSpot functionality.

There's also always a chance that this is a temporary issue which resolves itself.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @markahope,

At which stage of the import process are you seeing the error? Right when selecting the file? I'd try a different file format, save your file as xls or xlsx, for example.

Generally, I've encountered this before, so far it has never been about the file but related to the browser.

Here's what I'd recommend:

• To get this import over the finish line, try another browser or different device altogether.
  • Alternatively, have a colleague try to import the file.
  • Make sure you're using a supported browser.
  • To troubleshoot the underlying issue, clear cookies/cache in your current browser.
  • If the problem persists, disable/enable all browser extensions one by one to identify the potential cause. Especially privacy-related add-ins are known to interfere with HubSpot functionality.

There's also always a chance that this is a temporary issue which resolves itself.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
webdew
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @markahope ,

Check this article here. You can see the file requirements there. 
If yes and still the issue is there, then log out from your system, log in after some time, refresh the page and try importing again. This kind of issue may occur sometimes but gets resolved on its own.

Hope this helps!
If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.
Thanks and Regard.

0 Upvotes