CRM

THoward2325

Hard Bounce Active List Issues

SOLVE

Hey Everyone,

I'm working on cleaning up my new companies CRM and I'm going through Hard Bounced contacts and created an Active List to see who is on it. My boss noticed some people on their that actively engage with our stuff. Upon further review of the specific contacts in question it doesn't say anything above their name about being a Bounced contact like it does for most of the Bounce contacts ie. gives the option to Unbounce.

Would anyone know why this is? I see on some of the contacts that they haven't had a bounce but the Hard Bounce reason is Other. Not really sure where to go from here as I want to delete Hard Bounce contacts but don't want to delete contacts that are engaging with our marketing efforts.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @THoward2325,

This probably has to do with how the property Email Hard Bounce Reason is set up. A while back, I checked with HubSpot support: "unbouncing a contact will not clear the hard bounce reason". In your case, some of those contacts on the list might have been unbounced before – they still show because the property value does not change after the initial bounce.

A way to keep track whether you've unbounced a contact before or not would be an additional custom property. (You'd have to manually maintain and update this everytime you unbounce a contact.) If that property has the value "Unbounced", you could exclude those contacts from your active list.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @THoward2325,

This probably has to do with how the property Email Hard Bounce Reason is set up. A while back, I checked with HubSpot support: "unbouncing a contact will not clear the hard bounce reason". In your case, some of those contacts on the list might have been unbounced before – they still show because the property value does not change after the initial bounce.

A way to keep track whether you've unbounced a contact before or not would be an additional custom property. (You'd have to manually maintain and update this everytime you unbounce a contact.) If that property has the value "Unbounced", you could exclude those contacts from your active list.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.