CRM

orkunturkey
参加者

Handling contacts that belong to different departments of a large organization

解決

We often work with multiple teams from large organizations like universities and MNCs. This means we can have upwards of a hundred contacts associated with a single company.  It creates confusion in our team when we're going after a specific team but not another.

What's the correct way to deal with such organizations? To me, it sounds like there needs to be a child object to the company in cases like this. 

e.g. Parent company: Texas Instruments. Child company/team: New Materials Research Office

or

University of Harward, Wearable electronics project (In reality, we don't have any business dealings with the university itself)

0 いいね!
1件の承認済みベストアンサー
SalesBrush
解決策
投稿者

解決

It's a bit general question, but I will try to explain how I would go about this.

1. You need to discuss and define the rules of how to organize the data, so it's not confusing for your team. 

2. There are multiple ways to organize the data - you can set parent/child relationships. You can create a custom property with a specific value. ( i.e. parent organization). So you need to come up with a solution that suits you.

3. Once the idea is ready - you can bulk update your companies/contacts, so the logic is applied to all the existing records. ( Let me know if you need help with that).

4. Once the data is ready - you can create custom views, so every team member can work with specific teams they need. I.e. Create a view where the parent company is X or custom field is Y.

元の投稿で解決策を見る

1件の返信
SalesBrush
解決策
投稿者

解決

It's a bit general question, but I will try to explain how I would go about this.

1. You need to discuss and define the rules of how to organize the data, so it's not confusing for your team. 

2. There are multiple ways to organize the data - you can set parent/child relationships. You can create a custom property with a specific value. ( i.e. parent organization). So you need to come up with a solution that suits you.

3. Once the idea is ready - you can bulk update your companies/contacts, so the logic is applied to all the existing records. ( Let me know if you need help with that).

4. Once the data is ready - you can create custom views, so every team member can work with specific teams they need. I.e. Create a view where the parent company is X or custom field is Y.