CRM

JPullan
Contributor

HS/SF Integration - Routing some contacts directly to SF Contacts

SOLVE

Hi Community,

Have a question about the best way to achieve an exception to the general way in which our SF/HS integration is set up.

We push HS Contacts in SF Leads as MQLs and then once further qualified by the Sales team these are converted into Contacts and Opportunities, so typically data only gets added to SF if they engage with marketing first and then gets added as a Lead. This process works well.

However we also have Sales teams that focus on prospecting for key accounts in Salesforce (called Named Accounts). As the Sales teams work only in Salesforce I would like to push all contact data that we have for Named Accounts directly into SF Contacts (bypassing Leads) so they have visibility of our entire position in that Account.

I have fields that flag which Accounts are Named Accounts but am struggling to find a way to build an exception to the integration setup. One thought I've had is that if the Named Account field is checked that this contirbutes to the Lead Score. This would still put them in SF Leads, but the Sales rep owner could convert them into a Contact themselves if they hold a position which is relevant.

If anybody in the community has thought about this before, or even implemented a solution. I'd love to hear about it!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Aakar
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Thanks @TiphaineCuisset 

Hi @JPullan 

This is the limitation of integration. HubSpot will either create a lead or contact in Salesforce and not both. 

Screen Shot 2020-12-10 at 15.32.49.png

If it's occasional, I'd suggest updating the integration settings and changing it to create a contact in SFDC settings, and then add a batch of leads that you want to send to sales in SFDC as contacts. After you send that batch of leads to SFDC as contact, you can change the settings back again and set them to lead. Whenever I've to upload HubSpot leads as contacts in SFDC, I follow this route. Thanks.

Aakar Anil
Marketing Technologist
aakar.me | @aakarpost | in/aakarpost

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @JPullan 

Thank you for reaching out. 

I want to tag some of our thought leaders on this - @StefaniUAT @MeginVA @Aakar any suggestions to share with @JPullan on this? 

Thank you!

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
Aakar
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Thanks @TiphaineCuisset 

Hi @JPullan 

This is the limitation of integration. HubSpot will either create a lead or contact in Salesforce and not both. 

Screen Shot 2020-12-10 at 15.32.49.png

If it's occasional, I'd suggest updating the integration settings and changing it to create a contact in SFDC settings, and then add a batch of leads that you want to send to sales in SFDC as contacts. After you send that batch of leads to SFDC as contact, you can change the settings back again and set them to lead. Whenever I've to upload HubSpot leads as contacts in SFDC, I follow this route. Thanks.

Aakar Anil
Marketing Technologist
aakar.me | @aakarpost | in/aakarpost