CRM

HS88

HS CRM and Google Calendar

After fixing a meeting with a customer, I enter the meeting in HS which I previously integrated with my Google Calendar.

I realized that HS sends an email to my customer asking him to confirm the meeting.
This is something that I do not want! and I actually didn't request.

How to avoid this problem?

I need to collect all my meetings in my Google Calendar, but I do not want my customers to receive an email to confirm.
If I enter a meeting in HS it's because I already confirmed with the customer (by phone or email), so no need to bother them again.

How to remove this function?

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @HS88 

This would be an expected behavior of the meetings tool, the invite will be added on the calendar of the contact so they can confirm.

There is no way to update the setting that prevents the meeting invitation from being sent out.

I was able to find a similar idea in our Ideas forum here where @edjusten mentioned -

"Google calendar notifications are a personal setting. You can turn them off for yourself according to the instructions here, but you won't be able to deactivate them on the clients' side for your meetings app."

I hope this helps.

Kindly,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
HS88

Hi @PamCotton 

May I ask if leaving empty the field "Attendees", while entering the meeting time/date, will still send an email to my customer?

attendees.png

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @HS88 

Great question, I did a test in my account and looks like it works.

My test was based on inserting  0 as attendees ( when I click Save will show as 1 attendee still) but once I checked my email I did not receive the email confirmation.

So I tested putting 1 attended and I indeed received the email.  I believe this will work, but could you also do a test in your account to confirm?

Kindly,

Pam

0 Upvotes
HS88

it works the same for me as well.
But also I did a test putting another of my personal emails as a test, and I didn't receive the email as well.
So, I think if you leave it empty for sure no one will get any email (which is actually what I need), but if you do enter an email, it's not sure the receiver will really get it. 

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @HS88 ,

Could you please give me more information in "I think if you leave it empty for sure no one will get an email " Do you mean to leave the property email empty? Or the option attendees empty? Either way I believe It would be a workaround for the option you would like since it's expected to send the email confirmation to the customer that has the meeting schedule.

Kindly,

Pam

0 Upvotes
HS88

hi @PamCotton 

I mean "option attendees empty"

Thanks

0 Upvotes