CRM

gbquijano

(Gsuite) Log emails only from email alias

SOLVE

Hi there,

I connected my gsuite work email to Hubspot, with that email having several aliases that are intended for external queries (info@, sales@, etc.). My problem is that whenever I receive an email directed to my work email, Hubspot automatically logs the email sender as a new contact and logs the email in the conversation inbox, which shouldn't be the case. How can I limit Hubspot to only log emails from the aliases I have? Thanks.

1 Accepted solution
Josh
Solution
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @gbquijano,

It sounds like you might have connected your personal inbox to the conversations inbox as well.

If it is set up appropriately, the only personal (work) emails that will log automatically to HubSpot will be ones you have sent from HubSpot or Google Web Version (and have selected log email) or responses to previously logged emails.

Josh

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
Josh
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @gbquijano,

It sounds like you might have connected your personal inbox to the conversations inbox as well.

If it is set up appropriately, the only personal (work) emails that will log automatically to HubSpot will be ones you have sent from HubSpot or Google Web Version (and have selected log email) or responses to previously logged emails.

Josh

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

0 Upvotes
cyrilschmitt

SOLVE

Hi Josh,

The use case presented by @gbquijano is exactly mine. That being said, I am not sure I follow and that the link were helpful for me. As I am the only one in my company for now, I would like to avoid creating a second email address. 

Is it possible to log automatically only emails from my alias? And none from my personal email?

Many thanks,

Cyril

0 Upvotes