CRM

Fiores

Greetings from Dominican Republic

SOLVE

Hello Everyone! 

Happy to be here. I'm new on Hubspot learning and exiting about all the possibilities we have here. 

I'm trying to create list to segment my contacts, but I'm stuck in the process. If anyone wishes to help, it will be very welcome.  

Hugs. 

FF

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Fiores,

You have multiple options, I would recommend exporting your existing contacts, adding the Business Line column and value in the export file and then reimporting it.

Other options would be bulk editing, as mentioned above, or one by one, yes.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
Fiores

SOLVE

Thank you!!

0 Upvotes
Fiores

SOLVE

Thank you! 

In case I want to add the business line characteristic to my existing contacts, do I have to edit it one by one? 

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Fiores,

You have multiple options, I would recommend exporting your existing contacts, adding the Business Line column and value in the export file and then reimporting it.

Other options would be bulk editing, as mentioned above, or one by one, yes.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Fiores,

Welcome to the HubSpot Community!

Could you specify how you would like to segment your list? Here are some general resources on creating and segmenting lists:

Create and use lists

Determine your list criteria

Generally, if you want to segment your list, the information by which you segment needs to be available in properties.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

Fiores

SOLVE

Hi! Thanks for your answer. We have three business lines and I would like to segment my clients by the kind of business we are doing with them.  but when I try to do the segmentation I get confused with the criteria. 

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Fiores,

Is that information about the business lines available in some form in your CRM already? Did these contacts submit a form selecting an option? Did you import these contacts?

I'll give an example: If you imported your contacts, that import file would've had to have a column designating the business line. You would create a custom property, Business line, and import your contacts with that information. The header of your import file would look like this:

E-Mail First name Last name Business line

Someone might have already done that, so the biggest challenge is finding that custom property in your list. Navigate to Menu > Contacts > Contact-based > Active list > Filter type > Contact properties. This is where this Business line would have to appear.

If it is in there, you could create one list filtering for "Business line is equal to any of A", a second list "Business line is equal to any of B" etc.

The same steps would work if contacts submit a form and select a Business line.

If that information is not yet available yet, you could have to complete the steps above. Prepare an import file, a column including the Business line and import that file. Once in HubSpot, you can create lists based on this property.

For a small number of contacts, you could also create this custom Business line property and use the bulk editing option right within HubSpot.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

PS. If you're new to importing files, this will help: https://academy.hubspot.com/lessons/importing-data-hubspot-crm

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes