CRM

MeadowlarkSusan

Google map contact address on contact page

SOLVE

We just switched from Salesforce to Hubspot.  All in all - we love Hubspot, but one item that Salesforce has that our salespeople miss is the automatic google map of a contacts address in the contact record.  I have attached a screenshot of what this looked like in Salesforce.  Also, when you clicked on the map in salesforce it automatically opened a new window with the interactive google map so you could input direction info.  Doesn't seem like this would be a difficult thing to incorporate so wondering why Hubspot doesn't have this capability.  Thanks.  Screen Shot 2019-02-04 at 10.19.21 AM.png

1 Accepted solution
bradmin
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

In addition to the great recommendations @MFrankJohnson made, you may also want to try tinkering around with Chrome extensions which can provide some of this functionality. Extensions like this one may give you some additional flexibility here until an offering like this becomes standardized in the product. 

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

SOLVE

Welcome to the HubSpot Community.

No such built-in functionality in HubSpot. However, here's a HubSpot integration from our friends over at OrgChartHub. It's called GeoMapTool.

cc: @Dan1 

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
MeadowlarkSusan

SOLVE

Frank:  Thanks for the input.  I do know about the GeoMapTool but it only works with Companies is my understanding...not contacts.  We really don't use companies as we deal with individual contacts.  I did install it and since we don't have companies it did nothing.  If you have suggestions on tweaks or setting to the app please let me know.  

RuthS
Participant

SOLVE

I echo the request for being able to see contacts on a google map.

Sorting by city that I am visiting is good, but does not pick up sales contacts that I am driving past on my way to and from my sales call.

Also, most of my contcts are at customer remote sites and depots, not their main office. So I have added address properties to my list of customer properties to collect this information.

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

SOLVE

Gotcha. Maybe Daniel Currin (Dan1) has some feedback. OrgChartHub, and all their children (including GeoMapTool) are his babies. He's in the UK, so there's sometimes a time delay when we post this late.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes
bradmin
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

In addition to the great recommendations @MFrankJohnson made, you may also want to try tinkering around with Chrome extensions which can provide some of this functionality. Extensions like this one may give you some additional flexibility here until an offering like this becomes standardized in the product. 

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.
0 Upvotes
MeadowlarkSusan

SOLVE

Badmin:  DUH!  That is a great workaround!  Still would be nice to have this right capbilility on the contact screen, but this is a really close second option.  Thanks so much for this.