CRM

TrujayTina
Participant | Elite Partner
Participant | Elite Partner

Global search for custom field in Deal

SOLVE

Is it possible to create a custom field, and have it searchable on the top global search bar?

1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @TrujayTina 

That's an Enterprise feature - Enterprise users can add up to three custom properties (of certain types) to the global search index. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
7 Replies 7
IDg
Participant

SOLVE

I don't get this. Custom fields are provided with an Operations Hub starter license, but without search there is nothing to do with them.

My usecase is a multilingual customer base where customer names are coded in multiple languages. I have created alternate name custom fields - but now they are totally useless as I can't search on them 😞

0 Upvotes
BMilaszkiewicz
Contributor

SOLVE

This seems very limiting. Most, if not ALL companies that use a CRM will have their own custom fields in the standard objects. Why would you NOT be able to use to use the global search function? All this does is creare more manual work which defeats the object of having a CRM in the first place.

APaxson
Participant

SOLVE

I agree, this is a silly limit. My use case:

We have a custom Deal Field that has a serial number and we would like the ability to use the global search functionality to find any deals that have that serial number.

My current workaround: Create an active Contact List: any Deal Associated with a Contact where the serial number field is known

• Have my customer support staff temporarily edit that List view to look for a specific serial number (and hope they don't click Save)
  • or
  • Have my customer support staff export that view and then search for the specific serial number in the spreadsheet

Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @TrujayTina 

That's an Enterprise feature - Enterprise users can add up to three custom properties (of certain types) to the global search index. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
0 Upvotes
BMilaszkiewicz
Contributor

SOLVE

surely there's a workaround for this at least??

I have the same issue, we have a PO number as a csutom deal field, that corresponds to a PO number in our invoice system and need a way to easily search for a deal in both systems using a unique identifier - the pO number being that unique identifier.
If we cannot search for the deal by PO (as all the other fields differ between systems) how can we do this?

GLloyd1
Contributor

SOLVE

Same this here. Need to be able to search for a quote # and PO # - really surprised this requires enterprise. Did you find a workaround?

0 Upvotes
RGolan
Participant

SOLVE

That's actually ridiculous.